RevengeOS 4.0 is released recently and the official update of the same for Coolpad Cool 1 is far away. What if I will say we already have the RevengeOS 4.0 for Coolpad Cool 1? Yes, RevengeOS 4.0 which is based on RevengeOS 4.0, is now available for Coolpad Cool 1.
This is a step-by-step guide that explains how to install RevengeOS 4.0 on Coolpad Cool 1. This build is brought to you by developer Invisiblek.
About RevengeOS 4.0
RevengeOS is a custom Android OS distribution project which is run by Dineshsuriya, Fabian Arlt, Giamma, Mendel E., Mohammed Tauseef, Nawab meeravali, Zhenxiang Chen, and chityanj.
We are dedicated to fast, stable and mininal customization rom, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code.
RevengeOS, having an objective as above, is quite a popular custom ROM for various devices. And, RevengeOS 4.0 is their new update on top of stock Android 11.
Donation to Developer(s)
- Donation link not found.
Other Requirements to Install RevengeOs 4.0 on Coolpad Cool 1
To be able to install any Android 11 ROM build on the phone, it must have an unlocked bootloader and a compatible custom recovery installed.
So, to make it easier for you, we have included appropriate guides on how to unlock bootloader and install recovery in the below sections.
In addition, the custom ROMs usually lack any Google Apps like: Google Play, Google Maps, etc. out of the box. So, the post-installation requirement is, GApps for Android 11.
Coolpad Cool 1 RevengeOS 4.0 Build Information (latest build)
ro.build.date=Wed Sep 23 13:22:50 UTC 2020
ro.build.description=c1-user 6.0.1 ZIXOSOP5801803011S 0001832 release-keys
- Not Known
Note- Tell us in the comment section.
How to Update Coolpad Cool 1 to RevengeOS 4.0 (Android 11)?
Installing RevengeOS 4.0 requires an unlocked bootloader and a custom recovery installed on the phone. This is the reason the entire installation guide is divided into three parts as below:
- Unlocking bootloader on the phone
- Installing Custom Recovery on the phone
- Installing the RevengeOS 4.0 ROM on the phone
Unlock Bootloader on Coolpad Cool 1
Coolpad Cool 1 bootloader unlock guide. A step-by step guide that explains how to unlock the bootloader of Coolpad Cool 1.
Install custom recovery on Coolpad Cool 1
Custom recoveries are needed to flash any of these Android custom ROMs on Coolpad Cool 1. Below is a list of step-by step guides that explains how to install custom recovery such as TWRP or OrangeFox recovery on Coolpad Cool 1.
- How to Install Recovery In Coolpad Cool 1 – [button anchor=”Download” url=”http://www.mediafire.com/file/okoz45q5tacfidt/331_coopad_cool1.rar/file” size=”medium” style=”default” color=”primary”]
Install RevengeOS 4.0 on Coolpad Cool 1
- Download the RevengeOS 4.0 ROM for Coolpad Cool 1 and copy it into the phone or keep in the PC if you intend to install using ADB sideload.
- Enter into recovery and Wipe data, Cache, System and clean Dalvik cache.
– Make sure you don’t wipe or format Internal memory here. Otherwise, you will lose all your phone data!
- Install RevengeOS 4.0 using TWRP recovery or any custom recovery of your choice
ADB Sideload the RevengeOS 4.0 ROM zip file.
- Install Android 11 GApps using TWRP
- Once done, reboot the phone to boot into RevengeOS 4.0 on Coolpad Cool 1 which is based on Android 11.
Well, after installing the RevengeOS 4.0 and GApps zip file you are done with the installation process. But, there are few add-on packages that you can install to unleash the real capabilities of your phone!
Below are some of the extra little things which you can install on top of the RevengeOS 4.0 ROM on your Coolpad Cool 1.
Currently, Magisk is the only thing that is actively developed and supports Android 11 rooting.
You can either follow this Android 11 Rooting guide or the Magisk rooting guide to enable root on Coolpad Cool 1 RevengeOs 4.0.
Also, visit the Coolpad Cool 1 (c106) page to get other RevengeOS 4.0 ROMs, LineageOS 18, or other device specific topics.