The latest Android 11 for Redmi 7, is now available to download and install from Android 11 custom ROM build. This is a step-by-step guide that explains how to install Android 11 on Redmi 7.
This build is brought to you by unknown developer.
Donation to Developer(s)
– Donation link not found
Resources Required to Install Android 11 on Redmi 7
Redmi 7 Android 11 ROM build info
Build information tells us what this build is all about, for which device it was built, when was it built, what is the security patch etc.
Below are the info extracted from the system image:
ro.build.version.release=11 (Android 11)
ro.build.date=Sat Sep 12 19:30:15 IST 2020
ro.build.system_root_image=true (SAR build)
ro.build.product=onclite (codename of Redmi 7)
ro.build.description=aosp_onclite-userdebug 11 RP1A.200720.011 eng.panda.20200912.193301 test-keys
Known Issues on this Redmi 7 Android 11 ROM
- Tell us in the comment section
How to Update Redmi 7 to Android 11?
Installing Android 11 requires an unlocked bootloader and a custom recovery installed on the phone. This is the reason the entire installation guide is divided into three parts as below:
- Unlocking bootloader on the phone
- Installing Custom Recovery on the phone
- Installing the Android 11 ROM on the phone
Unlock Bootloader on Redmi 7
Redmi 7 bootloader unlock guide. A step-by step guide that explains how to unlock bootloader of Redmi 7.
Install custom recovery on Redmi 7
Custom recoveries are needed to flash any of these Android custom ROMs on Redmi 7. Below is a list of step-by step guides that explains how to install custom recovery such as TWRP or OrangeFox recovery on Redmi 7.
- TWRP for Redmi 7
- OrangeFox for Redmi 7
Install Android 11 on Redmi 7
- Download the Android 11 ROM for Redmi 7 and copy it into the phone or keep in the PC if you intend to install using ADB sideload.
- Enter into recovery and Wipe data, Cache, System and clean Dalvik cache.
– Make sure you don’t wipe or format Internal memory here. Otherwise you will lose all your phone data!
- Install Android 11 using TWRP recovery
ADB Sideload the Android 11 ROM zip file.
- Install Android 11 GApps using TWRP
- Once done, reboot the phone to boot into Android 11 on Redmi 7.
Well, after installing the Android 11 zip file you are done with the Android 11 installation for your phone. But, there are few add-on packages that you can install to unleash the real capabilities of your phone.
Below are some of the extra little things which you can install on top of the Android 11 ROM on your Redmi 7.
GApps are not part of this Android 11 build. So, you need to install Android 11 GApps to be able to use Google Play Store and other basic Google services.
Google Camera or shortened as GCam, usually brings better images on your existing camera setup.
Also, visit the Redmi 7 (onclite) page to get other Android 11 ROMs, LineageOS 18, or other device specific topics.