Android 11 is released recently and the official update of the same for Zenfone Max Pro M1 is far away. But, POSP 4.0 which is based on Android 11, is now available for Zenfone Max Pro M1.
This is a step-by-step guide that explains how to install POSP 4.0 on Zenfone Max Pro M1. This build is brought to you by developer unknown developer.
Donation to Developer(s)
- Donation link not found
About POSP 4.0
Potato Open Sauce Project (POSP in short) is a custom Android OS distribution project which is founded by Kshitij Gupta (Agent_fabulous) and Nico Franke (ZerNico) along with dozens of other developers.
Combining newest security patches, original features and wide device support, POSP is a product created to make your life easier and breathe some fresh air into the custom ROM scene.
POSP is just a few years old project, has been grown pretty well to include many features and win many hearts. And, POSP 4.0 is their new update on top of stock Android 11 update.
Other Requirements to Install POSP 4.0 on Zenfone Max Pro M1
To be able to install any Android 11 ROM build on the phone, it must have an unlocked bootloader and a compatible custom recovery installed.
So, to make it easier for you, we have included appropriate guides on how to unlock bootloader and install recovery in the below sections.
In addition, the custom ROMs usually lack any Google Apps like: Google Play, Google Maps, etc. out of the box. So, the post-installation requirement is, GApps for Android 11.
Zenfone Max Pro M1 POSP 4.0 Build Info (latest build)
- ro.build.display.id=potato_X00TD-userdebug 11 RP1A.200720.011 13b41b79f0 test-keys
- ro.build.date=Wed Sep 16 09:54:38 UTC 2020
- Not Known
You tell us in the comment section.
How to Update Zenfone Max Pro M1 to POSP 4.0 (Android 11)?
Installing POSP 4.0 requires an unlocked bootloader and a custom recovery installed on the phone. This is the reason the entire installation guide is divided into three parts as below:
- Unlocking bootloader on the phone
- Installing Custom Recovery on the phone
- Installing the POSP 4.0 ROM on the phone
Unlock Bootloader on Zenfone Max Pro M1
Zenfone Max Pro M1 bootloader unlock guide. A step-by step guide that explains how to unlock bootloader of Zenfone Max Pro M1.
Install custom recovery on Zenfone Max Pro M1
Custom recoveries are needed to flash any of these Android custom ROMs on Zenfone Max Pro M1. Below is a list of step-by step guides that explains how to install custom recovery such as TWRP or OrangeFox recovery on Zenfone Max Pro M1.
- How to Install TWRP in Zenfone Max Pro M1 – [button anchor=”Download” url=”https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=1899786940962576947″ size=”medium” style=”default” color=”primary”]
Install POSP 4.0 on Zenfone Max Pro M1
- Download the POSP 4.0 ROM for Zenfone Max Pro M1 and copy it into the phone or keep in the PC if you intend to install using ADB sideload.
- Enter into recovery and Wipe data, Cache, System and clean Dalvik cache.
– Make sure you don’t wipe or format Internal memory here. Otherwise you will lose all your phone data!
- Install POSP 4.0 using TWRP recovery or any custom recovery of your choice
Use ADB Sideload to install the POSP 4.0 ROM zip file.
- Install Android 11 GApps using TWRP
- Once done, reboot the phone to boot into POSP 4.0 on Zenfone Max Pro M1 which is based on Android 11.
Well, after installing the POSP 4.0 and GApps zip file you are done with the installation process. But, there are few add-on packages that you can install to unleash the real capabilities of your phone!
Below are some of the extra little things which you can install on top of the POSP 4.0 ROM on your Zenfone Max Pro M1.
Google Camera or shortened as GCam, usually brings better images on your existing camera setup.
– Google Camera for Zenfone Max Pro M1
Also, visit the Zenfone Max Pro M1 (X00TD) page to get other POSP 4.0 ROMs, LineageOS 18, or other device specific topics.