Android 11 is released recently and the official update of the same for Redmi 3s is far away. But, POSP 4.0 which is based on Android 11, is now available for Redmi 3s.
This is a step-by-step guide that explains how to install POSP 4.0 on Redmi 3s. This build is brought to you by unknown developer.
Donation to Developer(s)
- Donation link not found
About POSP 4.0
Potato Open Sauce Project (POSP in short) is a custom Android OS distribution project which is founded by Kshitij Gupta (Agent_fabulous) and Nico Franke (ZerNico) along with dozens of other developers.
Combining newest security patches, original features and wide device support, POSP is a product created to make your life easier and breathe some fresh air into the custom ROM scene.
POSP is just a few years old project, has been grown pretty well to include many features and win many hearts. And, POSP 4.0 is their new update on top of stock Android 11 update.
Other Requirements to Install POSP 4.0 on Redmi 3s
To be able to install any Android 11 ROM build on the phone, it must have an unlocked bootloader and a compatible custom recovery installed.
So, to make it easier for you, we have included appropriate guides on how to unlock bootloader and install recovery in the below sections.
In addition, the custom ROMs usually lack any Google Apps like: Google Play, Google Maps, etc. out of the box. So, the post-installation requirement is, GApps for Android 11.
Redmi 3s POSP 4.0 Build Info (latest build)
We will update soon.
You tell us in the comment section.
How to Update Redmi 3s to POSP 4.0 (Android 11)?
Installing POSP 4.0 requires an unlocked bootloader and a custom recovery installed on the phone. This is the reason the entire installation guide is divided into three parts as below:
- Unlocking bootloader on the phone
- Installing Custom Recovery on the phone
- Installing the POSP 4.0 ROM on the phone
Unlock Bootloader on Redmi 3s
Redmi 3s bootloader unlock guide. A step-by-step guide that explains how to unlock bootloader of Redmi 3s.
Install custom recovery on Redmi 3s
Custom recoveries are needed to flash any of these Android custom ROMs on Redmi 3s. Below is a list of step-by step guides that explains how to install custom recovery such as TWRP or OrangeFox recovery on Redmi 3s.
- How To Install TWRP – [button anchor=”Download” url=”https://twrp.me/xiaomi/xiaomiredmi3s.html” size=”medium” style=”default” color=”primary”]
Install POSP 4.0 on Redmi 3s
- Download the POSP 4.0 ROM for Redmi 3s and copy it into the phone or keep in the PC if you intend to install using ADB sideload.
- Enter into recovery and Wipe data, Cache, System and clean Dalvik cache.
– Make sure you don’t wipe or format Internal memory here. Otherwise you will lose all your phone data!
- Install POSP 4.0 using TWRP recovery or any custom recovery of your choice
Use ADB Sideload to install the POSP 4.0 ROM zip file.
- Install Android 11 GApps using TWRP
- Once done, reboot the phone to boot into POSP 4.0 on Redmi 3s which is based on Android 11.
Well, after installing the POSP 4.0 and GApps zip file you are done with the installation process. But, there are few add-on packages that you can install to unleash the real capabilities of your phone!
Below are some of the extra little things which you can install on top of the POSP 4.0 ROM on your Redmi 3s.
Google Camera or shortened as GCam, usually brings better images on your existing camera setup.
Search a compatible Google Camera for your phone that may run on this Android 11 ROM.
Also, visit the Redmi 3s (land) page to get other POSP 4.0 ROMs, LineageOS 18, or other device specific topics.