Android 11 is released recently and the official update of the same for Nokia 6.1 Plus is far away. But, POSP 4.0 which is based on Android 11, is now available for Nokia 6.1 Plus.
This is a step-by-step guide that explains how to install POSP 4.0 on Nokia 6.1 Plus. This build is brought to you by an unknown developer .
Donation to Developer(s)
- Donation link not found
Installing a custom ROM requires advanced knowledge to modify the underlying firmware on your phone, such as bootloader unlock, custom recovery installation etc.
If not done properly it may leave you phone unusable temporarily or permanently!
This is an initial build for Nokia 6.1 Plus which may not boot at all or may have many BUGs.
About POSP 4.0
Potato Open Sauce Project (POSP in short) is a custom Android OS distribution project which is founded by Kshitij Gupta (Agent_fabulous) and Nico Franke (ZerNico) along with dozens of other developers.
Combining newest security patches, original features and wide device support, POSP is a product created to make your life easier and breathe some fresh air into the custom ROM scene.
POSP is just a few years old project, has been grown pretty well to include many features and win many hearts. And, POSP 4.0 is their new update on top of stock Android 11 update.
Download POSP 4.0 for Nokia 6.1 Plus
Below is the direct download link to the POSP 4.0 build for Nokia 6.1 PlusDownload ROM
Other Requirements to Install POSP 4.0 on Nokia 6.1 Plus
To be able to install any Android 11 ROM build on the phone, it must have an unlocked bootloader and a compatible custom recovery installed.
So, to make it easier for you, we have included appropriate guides on how to unlock bootloader and install recovery in the below sections.
In addition, the custom ROMs usually lack any Google Apps like: Google Play, Google Maps, etc. out of the box. So, the post-installation requirement is, GApps for Android 11.
Nokia 6.1 Plus POSP 4.0 Build Info (latest build)
We will update soon…..
- Not Known
You tell us in the comment section.
How to Update Nokia 6.1 Plus to POSP 4.0 (Android 11)?
Installing POSP 4.0 requires an unlocked bootloader and a custom recovery installed on the phone. This is the reason the entire installation guide is divided into three parts as below:
- Unlocking bootloader on the phone
- Installing Custom Recovery on the phone
- Installing the POSP 4.0 ROM on the phone
Unlock Bootloader on Nokia 6.1 Plus
Nokia 6.1 Plus bootloader unlock guide. A step-by step guide that explains how to unlock bootloader of Nokia 6.1 Plus.
Install custom recovery on Nokia 6.1 Plus
Custom recoveries are needed to flash any of these Android custom ROMs on Nokia 6.1 Plus. Below is a list of step-by step guides that explains how to install custom recovery such as TWRP or OrangeFox recovery on Nokia 6.1 Plus.
Install POSP 4.0 on Nokia 6.1 Plus
- Download the POSP 4.0 ROM for Nokia 6.1 Plus and copy it into the phone or keep in the PC if you intend to install using ADB sideload.
- Enter into recovery and Wipe data, Cache, System and clean Dalvik cache.
– Make sure you don’t wipe or format Internal memory here. Otherwise you will lose all your phone data!– Here is a step-by-step guide on how to wipe data using TWRP recovery– This step will erase the current firmware from the phone. You can choose to keep a backup of the relevant boot and system partition so that you can rollback if the new build doesn’t work properly.
- Install POSP 4.0 using TWRP recovery or any custom recovery of your choice
Use ADB Sideload to install the POSP 4.0 ROM zip file.
You can use any one of the above-mentioned methods to install the zip file on the phone.
- Install Android 11 GApps using TWRP
– Basically, The GApps package provides basic Google Play Services, Play Store application and other Google Applications.
- Once done, reboot the phone to boot into POSP 4.0 on Nokia 6.1 Plus which is based on Android 11.
Well, after installing the POSP 4.0 and GApps zip file you are done with the installation process. But, there are few add-on packages that you can install to unleash the real capabilities of your phone!
Below are some of the extra little things which you can install on top of the POSP 4.0 ROM on your Nokia 6.1 Plus.
Google Camera or shortened as GCam, usually brings better images on your existing camera setup.
– Google Camera for Nokia 6.1 Plus
Also, visit the Nokia 6.1 Plus (DRG_sprout) page to get other POSP 4.0 ROMs, LineageOS 18, or other device specific topics.