The latest Android 11 for Mi A2 Lite, is now available to download and install from Android 11 custom ROM builds. This is a step-by-step guide that explains how to install Android 11 on Mi A2 Lite.
The Mi A2 Lite (codename: laurel_sprout) may or may not be updated to Android 11 officially. So, we have brought you several Android 11 custom ROMs that you can install on your Mi A2 Lite.
But, you need to understand that, Installing a custom ROM requires little bit of advanced knowledge to modify the underlying firmware on your phone, such as bootloader unlock, custom recovery installation etc.
If not done properly it may leave your phone unusable temporarily or permanently!
Download Android 11 build for Mi A2 Lite
We have an AOSP build of Android 11 Stable release available for Mi A2 Lite.
Below is a direct download link to the Mi A2 Lite AOSP Android 11 build:
- We will update soon..
- SELinux Permissive
You tell us in the comment section.
Other Requirements to Install LineageOS 18 on Mi A2 Lite
To be able to install any Android 11 ROM build on the phone, it must have an unlocked bootloader and a compatible custom recovery installed.
So, to make it easier for you, we have included appropriate guides on how to unlock bootloader and install recovery in the below sections.
In addition, the custom ROMs usually lack any Google Apps like: Google Play, Google Maps, etc. out of the box. So, the post-installation requiremnt is, GApps for Android 11.
How to Update Mi A2 Lite to Android 11?
Installing Android 11 requires an unlocked bootloader and a custom recovery installed on the phone. This is the reason the entire installation guide is divided into three parts as below:
- Unlocking bootloader on the phone
- Installing Custom Recovery on the phone
- Installing the Android 11 ROM on the phone
Unlock Bootloader on Mi A2 Lite
Mi A2 Lite bootloader unlock guide. A step-by step guide that explains how to unlock bootloader of Mi A2 Lite.
Install custom recovery on Mi A2 Lite
Custom recoveries are needed to flash any of these Android custom ROMs on Mi A2 Lite. Below is a list of step-by step guides that explains how to install custom recovery such as TWRP or OrangeFox recovery on Mi A2 Lite.
Install Android 11 on Mi A2 Lite
- Download the Android 11 ROM for Mi A2 Lite and copy it into the phone or keep in the PC if you intend to install using ADB sideload.
- Enter into recovery and Wipe data, Cache, System, and clean Dalvik cache.
– Make sure you don’t wipe or format Internal memory here. Otherwise, you will lose all your phone data!– Here is a step-by-step guide on how to wipe data using TWRP recovery– This step will erase the current firmware from the phone. You can choose to keep a backup of the relevant boot and system partition so that you can rollback if the new build don’t work properly.
- Install Android 11 using TWRP recovery
ADB Sideload the Android 11 ROM zip file.
You can use any one of the above-mentioned method to install the zip file on the phone.
- Install Android 11 GApps using TWRP
– Basically, The GApps package provides basic Google Play Services, Play Store application and other Google Applications.
- Once done, reboot the phone to boot into Android 11 on Mi A2 Lite.
Well, after installing the Android 11 zip file you are done with the Android 11 installation for your phone. But, there are few add-on packages that you can install to unleash the real capabilities of your phone.
Below are some of the extra little things which you can install on top of the Android 11 ROM on your Mi A2 Lite.
GApps are not part of this Android 11 build. So, you need to install Android 11 GApps to be able to use Google Play Store and other basic Google services.
Google Camera or shortened as GCam, usually brings better images on your existing camera setup.
Also, visit the Mi A2 Lite (daisy) page to get other Android 11 ROMs, LineageOS 18, or other device specific topics.