The latest Android 11 for Zenfone Max Pro M1 is now available to download and install from Android 11 AOSP build. This is a step-by-step guide that explains how to install Android 11 on Zenfone Max Pro M1.
This build is brought to you by SagarMakhar. Well, of course, he deserves a helping hand to make more out of the development work for this device. If you agree with me, you can contribute a few dollars to show your appreciation towards his work.
Donation to Developer(s)
Other Resources Required to Install Android 11 on Zenfone Max Pro M1
- Unlocked Bootloader on Zenfone Max Pro M1
- GApps Download for Android 11
Known Issues on this Zenfone Max Pro M1 Android 11 ROM
- SELinux is Permissive
How to Update Zenfone Max Pro M1 to Android 11?
Installing Android 11 requires an unlocked bootloader and a custom recovery installed on the phone. This is the reason the entire installation guide is divided into three parts as below:
- Unlocking bootloader on the phone
- Installing Custom Recovery on the phone
- Installing the Android 11 ROM on the phone
Unlock Bootloader on Zenfone Max Pro M1
Zenfone Max Pro M1 bootloader unlock guide. A step-by step guide that explains how to unlock bootloader of Zenfone Max Pro M1.
Install custom recovery on Zenfone Max Pro M1
Custom recoveries are needed to flash any of these Android custom ROMs on Zenfone Max Pro M1. Below is a list of step-by step guides that explains how to install custom recovery such as TWRP or OrangeFox recovery on Zenfone Max Pro M1.
- TWRP for Zenfone Max Pro M1
- OrangeFox for Zenfone Max Pro M1
Install Android 11 on Zenfone Max Pro M1
- Download the Android 11 ROM for Zenfone Max Pro M1 and copy it into the phone or keep in the PC if you intend to install using ADB sideload.
- Enter into recovery and Wipe data, Cache, System and clean Dalvik cache.
– Make sure you don’t wipe or format Internal memory here. Otherwise you will lose all your phone data!
- Install Android 11 using TWRP recovery
ADB Sideload the Android 11 ROM zip file.
- Install Android 11 GApps using TWRP
- Once done, reboot the phone to boot into Android 11 on Zenfone Max Pro M1.
Well, after installing the Android 11 zip file you are done with the Android 11 installation for your phone. But, there are few add-on packages that you can install to unleash the real capabilities of your phone.
Below are some of the extra little things which you can install on top of the Android 11 ROM on your Zenfone Max Pro M1.
GApps are not part of this Android 11 build. So, you need to install Android 11 GApps to be able to use Google Play Store and other basic Google services.
Google Camera or shortened as GCam, usually brings better images on your existing camera setup.
Search a compatible Google Camera for your phone that may run on this Android 11 ROM.
Also, visit the Zenfone Max Pro M1 (X00TD) page to get other Android 11 ROMs, LineageOS 18, or other device specific topics.