ArrowOS 11 for Poco F1 is now available, which brings Android 11 for the device. This is a step-by-step guide that explains how to install ArrowOS 11 on Poco F1. This build is brought to you by developer Ritesh Saxena.
About ArrowOS 11
ArrowOS is a CAF based AOSP custom ROM that is founded and run by bauuuuu, ganeshi4u, kubersharma, palaych along with different maintainers for different devices.
ArrowOS is an AOSP based project, which started with an objective of keeping things simple, clean and neat.
We added just the right and mostly used stuff that will be actually USEFUL at the end of the day, aiming to deliver smooth performance with better battery life.
Their official statement is quite clear and straight forward on what they deliver!
ArrowOS 11 is their new update on top of stock Android 11.
Unlike LineageOS team, the number of core developers are less hence ArrowOS reached to a very limited number of devices includgin the Poco F1.
Donation to Developer(s)
ArrowOS 11 brings Android 11 to Poco F1 for free, but there is a lot of hard work that went to bring this update.
All these work are voluntary but you can make a donation to the developer or the ArrowOS team to keep this project going.
– Donate to Team ArrowOS
Installing a custom ROM requires advanced knowledge to modify the underlying firmware on your phone, such as bootloader unlock, custom recovery installation etc.
If not done properly it may leave you phone unusable temporarily or permanently!
This is an initial build of ArrowOS 11 for Poco F1 which may not boot at all or may have many BUGs.
Download ArrowOS 11 for Poco F1
Below is the direct download link to the build of ArrowOS 11 for Poco F1
Download the ROM build and then follow the instructions (in the coming sections below) to update the Poco F1 to ArrowOS 11.
Other Requirements to Install ArrowOS 11 on Poco F1
To install ArrowOS 11 ROM on Poco F1, it must have an unlocked bootloader and a compatible custom recovery installed.
So, to make it easier for you, this post includes appropriate instructions on how to unlock bootloader and install recovery in the below sections.
In addition, the custom ROMs usually lack any Google Apps like: Google Play, Google Maps, etc. out of the box. So, the post-installation requirement is, GApps for Android 11.
Poco F1 ArrowOS 11 Build Info (latest build)
I have verified the build for its legitimacy by extracting the system image. Below are the data what I have got, which clearly represents this to be a valid build of ArrowOS 11 for Poco F1:
- We will update soon.
- SELinux Permissive
How to Update Poco F1 to ArrowOS 11 (Android 11)?
Installing ArrowOS 11 requires an unlocked bootloader and a custom recovery installed on the phone. This is the reason the entire installation guide is divided into three parts as below:
- Unlocking bootloader on the phone
- Installing Custom Recovery on the phone
- Installing the ArrowOS 11 ROM on the phone
Unlock Bootloader on Poco F1
Poco F1 bootloader unlock guide. A step-by step guide that explains how to unlock bootloader of Poco F1.
Install custom recovery on Poco F1
Custom recovery is needed to flash ArrowOS 11 on Poco F1. Below is a list of step-by step guides that explains how to install custom recovery such as TWRP or OrangeFox recovery on Poco F1.
Install ArrowOS 11 on Poco F1
- Download the ArrowOS 11 ROM for Poco F1 from the above download section and copy it into the phone or keep in the PC if you intend to install using ADB sideload.
- Enter into recovery mode and Wipe data, Cache, System and clean Dalvik cache.
– Make sure you don’t wipe or format Internal memory here. Otherwise you will lose all your phone data!– Follow these instructions to wipe data using TWRP recovery– This step will erase the firmware (Android OS) from your phone. You can choose to keep a backup of the relevant boot and system partition so that you can go back if this ROM doesn’t work properly.
- Install ArrowOS 11 using TWRP recovery or any custom recovery of your choice
Use ADB Sideload to flash the ArrowOS 11 zip file on Poco F1.
You can use any one of the above mentioned method to install the zip file on the phone.
- Install Android 11 GApps using TWRP
– Basically, The GApps package provides basic Google Play Services, Play Store application and other Google Applications.
- Once done, reboot the phone to boot into ArrowOS 11 on Poco F1 which is based on Android 11.
Post Installation Downloads
After installing the ArrowOS 11 and GApps, you are done with upgrading the Poco F1 to Android 11. But, there are few add-on packages that you can install to unleash the real capabilities of your phone!
Below are some of the extra little things which you can install on top of the ArrowOS 11 ROM on your Poco F1.
Rooting Poco F1 ArrowOS 11
Currently, Magisk is the only thing that is actively developed and supports rooting this ArrowOS 11 ROM.
To do so, you can follow this Android 11 Rooting guide or the Magisk rooting guide to enable root on Poco F1 ArrowOS 11.
Google Camera for Poco F1 ArrowOS 11
Also, visit the Poco F1 (beryllium) page to get other Android 11 ROMs, or other device specific topics.