Nexus 5 CM 13 (CyanogenMod 13) Marshmallow ROM has gone official. Advantages of Official CyanogenMod 13 ROM build updates include: Daily builds, Get the latest updates immediately, Can be used as Daily Drivers etc. If you are flashing CyanogenMod for the first time then please be aware that this MAY VOID WARRANTY of your phone and may permanently damage your phone.
Installing Custom ROM requires your phone to be UNLOCKED in some cases which may VOID WARRANTY. Sometimes if not handled carefully then it may permanently damage your phone and prevent from BOOT. Understand that you are the only person making changes to the device. In case of any damage or any kind of loss as a consequence of this installation, Neither the Developer nor CyanogenMods can be held responsible.
Android Nougat has been released and here is the Android Nougat AOSP ROM for Nexus 5.
Files needed for Nexus 5 CM 13 CyanogenMod 13 Official Marshmallow ROM flashing (Codename: Hammerhead):
Root binary is inbuilt since CyanogenMod 12, so you don’t need a separate SuperSu package to install.
Flashing Nexus 5 CM 13 CyanogenMod 13 Official Marshmallow ROM (Codename: Hammerhead):
– Copy all your application data and settings using Titanium backup or any other application.
– Perform a nandroid backup using TWRP or CWM custom recovery. If you don’t have a custom recovery then here is the TWRP recovery guide for Nexus 5.
– Now copy all your internal phone data to a PC.
– After completing the above things head on to the following installation guide.
Before proceeding to installation make sure that you have unlocked the bootloader and installed a custom recovery.
Follow this if you are flashing CyanogenMod 13 for the first time to your device, or coming from another ROM:
- Copy the GApps and CyanogenMod ROM ZIP file to your device.
- Boot into Recovery. Make sure to have a Custom recovery like CWM or TWRP or Cyanogen recovery.
- Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition. If you don’t know how to do this then here is how to wipe data using TWRP recovery.
- First flash the CM ROM ZIP from device.
- Then flash the GApps zip from your device memory.
- Reboot and Enjoy the CyanogenMod 13 Marshmallow ROM on your Nexus 5.
If upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 13.0:
- Copy the CyanogenMod 13 ROM ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into Recovery.
- Flash the latest CyanogenMod ROM ZIP from your phone.
- Reboot and Enjoy
The first boot may take long time, so don’t panic and be sure that you have enough battery backup. Enjoy the official CyanogenMod 13 Marshmallow ROM on Google Nexus 5 (Codename: Hammerhead).
After this CM13 installation you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
How to Enable ROOT Access on CM13/CyanogenMod 13
If you have any queries or concerns on this ROM then please use our Q&A forum created for the Nexus 5 Official ROM.