- August 25, 2016 at 11:13 AM #5854
Android Nougat was released on August 22 but Nexus 7 Android Nougat was missing. But after the Android Nougat Source code release now the Nexus 7 Android Nougat AOSP ROM is available unofficially which is brought to you by developer zaclimon and DevSwift1. Every Nexus 7 user must be thankful to the developers for their priceless efforts and lightning fast development.
THIS IS JUST AN ALPHA ROM AND CANNOT BE USED AS A DAILY DRIVER SOFTWARE. CHECK THE WORKING AND NON-WORKING LIST BEFORE FLASHING AND PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.DISCLAIMER:
Installing a custom ROM on a Nexus device requires the bootloader to be unlocked on the Nexus phone, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of DevSwift1’s Nexus 7 Nougat ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– GPU Acclereration
– Location services
– Camera and video recording (very poor quality and can’t save images)
– Video playback (still have some problems)
– MTPKNOWN ISSUES:
– Sensors are not working
Status of zaclimon’s Nexus 7 Nougat ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– BluetoothKNOWN ISSUES:
– Google Play Services always crashing
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS AND LINKS FOR NEXUS 7 NOUGAT AOSP ROM:
DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL/FLASH NEXUS 7 NOUGAT ROM (ANDROID 7.0 AOSP ROM):
- Download the Nexus 7 Nougat AOSP ROM zip file and a suitable Nougat Gapps zip file from the above download link and copy both the files to phone.
- Boot into Recovery by one of the following method:
– Power off the phone and keep pressing key combinations: Power Button + Volume Down while turning on your Nexus.
– If you have enabled USB debugging and you have ADB utility installed on your PC then you can execute the following command on a console or command prompt:
adb reboot recovery
If you don’t have a custom recovery on Nexus 7 then you can follow this guide:
How to install TWRP recovery on Nexus 7
- Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition using the recovery.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe data using TWRP recovery.
This will delete all your data on your phone. IGNORE IF YOU DON’T WANT TO OR IF YOU HAVE ALREADY DONE THIS. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM.
– How to backup all data on your Android Device.
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery.
- First flash the Nexus 7 Nougat ROM ZIP from device.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash a custom ROM using TWRP recovery.
- Now flash the Google Apps package.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
The development thread for this ROM is here.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.