- May 15, 2016 at 2:10 AM #3702
Here is a very simple Step-by-Step guide on How to Unlock Moto G Turbo edition’s Bootloader. I will be taking you through a damn easy Step By Step beginner’s guide which I bet to be a buttery smooth experience even for the first time users. Just make sure to follow each instruction and you must not SKIP any step unless stated you can in this guide.DISCLAIMER:
It is important to understand that there could be some side effects if the instructions are not followed properly. You will lose your data while unlocking the bootloader on Moto G Turbo edition and hence before proceeding further you may consider backup all the data on your Moto G Turbo Edition. YOU are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Requirements to Unlock Bootloader on Moto G Turbo Edition – merlin:
– Moto G Turbo Edition phone.
– Device Drivers for Moto G Turbo.
– Registration @ http://www.motorola.com/unlockbootloader
– PC installed with Fastboot binary.
– Enough Battery Backup.
DOWNLOAD AND REQUIRED LINKS TO UNLOCK BOOTLOADER ON MOTO G TURBO EDITION:
- Moto G Turbo Drivers for Windows and for MAC
- Sign-up at Motorola @ http://www.motorola.com/unlockbootloader
- Motorola USB drivers.
- PC Installed with Fastboot.
– How to Install Fastboot on Windows
– How to Install Fastboot on MAC
MOTO G TURBO BOOTLOADER UNLOCK GUIDE:
- Download appropriate USB driver installer from above download links and Install USB drivers for Moto G Turbo on your PC.
- Install fastboot utility on your PC.
Here is the fastboot installation guide for Windows and here is the fastboot installation guide for MAC and Linux.
- Then go to Motorola website: http://www.motorola.com/unlockbootloader and register or login using Google user details.
- Read and understand the risks involved by unlocking the bootloader on your Moto G Turbo Phone and then click on NEXT.
- Put the Moto G Turbo into Fastboot mode.
First power off the phone, then press the Power and Volume Down buttons simultaneously.
- On your PC, open a command console or a terminal and type the following command:
$ fastboot oem get_unlock_data
Output of the above command may be something like this on Windows:
(bootloader) 0A40040192024205#4C4D3556313230 (bootloader) 30373731363031303332323239#BD00 (bootloader) 8A672BA4746C2CE02328A2AC0C39F95 (bootloader) 1A3E5#1F53280002000000000000000 (bootloader) 0000000
And it would be something like this on a MAC:
INFO0A40040192024205#4C4D3556313230 INFO30373731363031303332323239#BD00 INFO8A672BA4746C2CE02328A2AC0C39F95 INFO1A3E5#1F53280002000000000000000 INFO0000000
- Now you have to copy only the Alpha-Numeric data (including the # or any other symbol in between) by discarding the (bootloader) on Windows output or INFO on MAC output.
So from the above example, you need to extract only the below data:
You can see the above data is in a single line which is basically an appended data of all the above 5 line output. This is a bit tricky part if you are a beginner.
To make it simple, Motorola has a Data scrub Tool where you need not to bother of arranging the Console out put data.
You just go to the Scrub Tool webpage, copy all the out put from your Console or terminal (Don’t worry for the bootloader and INFO strings, the Data Scrub Tool will discard automatically) and then paste it on the Data Scrub Tool webpage and click on Format my data to get the one line sorted data.
- Now, copy the final one line loooong string into the Motorola Bootloader Unlock page and click on Can my device be unlocked?
If your device can be unlocked then Request unlock key button will appear.
- Read the agreement and click on I Agree, after which the Request unlock key button will appear. Click on that button to get the Unlock key.
- The unlock key will be mailed to you on your e-mail Id which you used to register at Motorola site.
- Open you e-mail and copy the Unlock Key and execute the following command on a Command console or a terminal on your PC:
$ fastboot oem unlock UNLOCK_KEY
- That’s all my friend. Now your Moto G Turbo’s bootloader is unlocked.
If you have any concerns or if you are facing some problem while trying this guide then just login and reply to this thread and rest assured I will try to help you as soon as possible.
Attachments:June 11, 2017 at 6:13 PM #21391
i came upto step 8
but after that my device is not unlockable then what should i do?June 18, 2017 at 4:35 PM #22114
i came upto step 8
but after that my device is not unlockable then what should i do?
Have you used the data scrub tool to reformat the looooong string??
Can you send me some captured images, so that I can understand where exactly you are making a mistake??
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.