Mi 5 CM13 Marshmallow Custom ROM – Flashing Guide

GCam Port | Google Camera APK v9.2 (March 2024) Forums Xiaomi Device Forums Xiaomi Mi 5 – gemini Mi 5 CM13 Marshmallow Custom ROM – Flashing Guide

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

Mi 5 CM13 (CyanogenMod 13) Marshmallow Custom ROM has been arrived through an Unofficial build. If you are flashing CyanogenMod for the first time then please be aware that this MAY VOID WARRANTY of your phone and may permanently damage your phone if not handled this guide properly. This Mi 5 CM13 CyanogenMod Marshmallow ROM is ONLY for Mi 5 version and hence make sure on which device you are flashing. We also have the Lineage OS 14.1 for Xiaomi Mi5 and CyanogenMod 14.1 for Xiaomi Mi5.

I don’t know the working status of this build and hence you are requested to take a complete backup of the current ROM before you go to flash this ROM.

DISCLAIMER:
    Installing Custom ROM requires your phone to be UNLOCKED in some cases which may VOID WARRANTY. Sometimes if not handled carefully then it may permanently damage your phone and prevent from BOOT. Understand that you are the only person making changes to the device. In case of any damage or any kind of loss as a consequence of this installation, Neither the Developer nor We can be held responsible.

Mi 5 CM13 CyanogenMod 13 Marshmallow Custom ROM

Required Downloads and Links for Mi 5 CM13 Custom ROM flashing:

Root binary is inbuilt since CyanogenMod 12, so you don’t need a separate SuperSu package to install to gain ROOT access. Here is How to Enable ROOT Access on CM13/CyanogenMod 13

Flashing Mi 5 CM13 CyanogenMod 13 Marshmallow Custom ROM:

1. Follow this if you are flashing CyanogenMod 13 for the first time to your Mi 5, or coming from another ROM:

2. Points to NOTE:
      – Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
      – Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
      – It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.

3. Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 13.0:

The first boot may take long time, so don’t panic and be sure that you have enough battery backup. Let the phone reboot and then enjoy the official CyanogenMod 13 Marshmallow ROM on Mi 5.

After this CM13 installation you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
    How to Enable ROOT Access on CM13/CyanogenMod 13.

Linux User
    Participant

unfortunately, the link to this latest available CM13 ROM is invalid…. :-(

Linux User
    Participant

Hi Rob I have updated a new link for Xiaomi Mi5 CM13 ROM.

If you are interested on some latest builds then I have also updated the Lineage OS 14.1 for Mi 5 and also the legacy CyanogenMod 14.1 for Xiaomi Mi 5.

Linux User
    Participant

thanks so much, @shibaa987 !

Linux User
    Participant

Thanks for your great jobs, i have tested this ROM, it works well in my daily life, i want to generate the same ROM.

genmini was supported by official CM-14, i follow the build instructions with CM-13 source code, unfortunately it does not work, can you post the build processing?
    where to fetch the whole source?
    maybe some guide links?

thanks so much!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.