LineageOS 15 for Zenfone Selfie 1080p, Z00T – Android Oreo 8.0 ROM

GCam Port | Google Camera APK v9.2 (March 2024) Forums ASUS Device Forums Zenfone Selfie – Z00T (1080p display) LineageOS 15 for Zenfone Selfie 1080p, Z00T – Android Oreo 8.0 ROM

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

Android Oreo 8.0 ROM, Zenfone 2 Laser Selfie / Zenfone Selfie LineageOS 15 has now arrived via an UNOFFICIAL build. If you want the OFFICIAL update or some more Android Oreo ROMs then stay tuned to the Android Oreo Lineage OS 15 ROMs page or the AOSP Android Oreo devices list page. This LineageOS 15 for Zenfone Selfie (1080p, Z00T, ZE551KL) is brought to you by developer LuK1337 and luca020400.

DONATION TO DEVELOPER:

If you like this ROM then do consider a contribution to LuK1337 and luca020400 for their efforts:
    Donate to LuK1337
    Donate to luca020400

DISCLAIMER:
    THIS IS AN INITIAL ALPHA BUILD WHICH HAS MANY BUGS. HAVE A BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING THIS AND TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK. Installing a custom ROM on a Zenfone 2 Laser Selfie / Zenfone Selfie (1080p, Z00T, ZE550KL) requires the bootloader to be unlocked on the Zenfone 2 Laser Selfie / Zenfone Selfie (1080p, Z00T, ZD551KL) phone, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.

Status of ASUS Zenfone Laser Selfie Lineage OS 15 Oreo 8.0 ROM:

WHAT’S WORKING:
    – RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    – Wifi
    – Bluetooth
    – Video Playback
    – Audio ( Record and Playback )
    – Sensors
    – Flash
    – LED
    – GPS
    KNOWN ISSUES:
    – Camera
    – Speakers don’t work on ZE600KL model
    – SELinux is permissive

ASUS Zenfone Laser Selfie Lineage OS 15 Oreo 8.0 ROM

Devices supported by this package :

Asus Zenfone Laser ZE551KL ( Z00T / Z00TD )
    Asus Zenfone Selfie ZD551KL ( Z00U / Z00UD / Z00UDH / Z00UDB )
    Asus Zenfone Laser ZE601KL ( Z011 / Z011D / Z011DD )

REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES FOR Zenfone Selfie LineageOS 15 OREO CUSTOM ROM:

Root binary is NOT inbuilt in Lineage OS 15, so you may need a separate SuperSu package or LineageOS su binary to install to gain ROOT access. Here is Lineage OS 15 Rooting guide

If there is no in-built ROOT or it does not work for some reason then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.

HOW TO INSTALL/DOWNLOAD/FLASH/UPDATE Lineage OS 15 FOR Zenfone Selfie OREO CUSTOM ROM:

1. Follow this if you are flashing LineageOS 15 for Zenfone Selfie (1080p, Z00T, ZD551KL) for the first time, or coming from another ROM:

Points to NOTE:
      – Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
      – Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
      – It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.

2. Upgrading from earlier version of Lineage OS 15 for Zenfone Selfie (1080p, Z00T, ZD551KL):

Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android Oreo 8.0 with Lineage OS 15 for Zenfone Selfie. After the installation of LineageOS 15 for Zenfone Selfie you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
    How to ROOT for LineageOS 15.
    Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Zenfone 2 Laser Selfie (1080p, Z00T, ZE551KL) forum For other Android Oreo, Nougat ROMs, LineageOS 15 ROMs, other ROMs and all other device specific topics.

If you have found any BUGs or have any issues with this ROM then here is the dev thread for this ROM.

Linux User
    Participant

I can’t install this ROM, say error “E3004: This package is for device: Z00T; this device is .” this error occur in startup. But my device is ZD551KL. Zenfone 2 selfie 2GB/16GB model.

Now i using https://download.lineageos.org/Z00T this ROM. Its working fine for me.

Linux User
    Participant

my device is ZD551KL. But Device model is ASUS_Z00UD. Not Z00T

Linux User
    Participant

[quote quote=25091]my device is ZD551KL. But Device model is ASUS_Z00UD. Not Z00T
    [/quote]

It is the updater-script assert code that stops you installing this ROM.
    If you know how to remove the assert line from updater-script, then you can remove that and try installing this ROM.

Linux User
    Participant

Hello there,
    We are really grateful to you for developing the oreo rom for z00t and the tremendous effort of your kindness.

I was using lineage 14.1 nougat for z00t nightly and in the last November build, the usb-otg restarts the phone. So I went for a clean install and I preferred lineage 15 oreo this time.
    I have followed each and every step of the procedure mentioned here.

the usb-otg hangs and restarts the phone.

Is it a bug or I can get a help?

(the usb-otg worked in previous October 14.1 nougat build but doesn’t work on November build)

Thanks in advances.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.