LineageOS 15.1 for HTC 10 – Android 8.1

GCam Port | Google Camera APK v9.2 (March 2024) Forums HTC Device Forums HTC 10 – pme LineageOS 15.1 for HTC 10 – Android 8.1

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

Android Oreo 8.1 ROM, LineageOS 15.1 for HTC 10 has now arrived via an UNOFFICIAL build. If you want the OFFICIAL LineageOS update or some more Android Oreo ROMs then stay tuned to the LineageOS 15 Android Oreo page or the AOSP Android Oreo devices list page. This LineageOS 15.1 for HTC 10 (pme) is brought to you by developer fagyi.

Follow the links to get LineageOS 16 and Android Pie ROM builds.

DONATION TO DEVELOPER:

– If you like this ROM then do consider a small contribution for fagyi and LineageOS project:
    Donate to fagyi
    Donate to LineageOS project

DISCLAIMER:
    THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD WHICH HAS MANY BUGS. HAVE A BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING THIS ROM AND TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK. Installing a custom ROM on a HTC 10 (pme) requires the bootloader to be unlocked on the HTC 10 (pme) phone, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.

Status of LineageOS 15.1 for HTC 10 Oreo 8.1 ROM:

WHAT’S WORKING:
    – Unknown
    KNOWN ISSUES:
    – Unknown

LineageOS 15.1 for HTC 10 Oreo 8.1

REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES FOR LineageOS 15.1 for HTC 10 OREO CUSTOM ROM:

Root binary is NOT inbuilt in LineageOS 15.1, so you may need a separate SuperSu package or LineageOS su binary to install to gain ROOT access. Here is LineageOS Rooting guide
    If there is no in-built ROOT or it does not work for some reason then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.

HOW TO INSTALL/DOWNLOAD/FLASH/UPDATE LineageOS 15.1 FOR HTC 10 OREO CUSTOM ROM:

1. Follow this if you are flashing LineageOS 15.1 for HTC 10 for the first time, or coming from another ROM:

Points to NOTE:
      – Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
      – Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
      – It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.

2. Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 15.1 for HTC 10 (pme):

Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android Oreo 8.1 with LineageOS 15.1 for HTC 10. After the installation of LineageOS 15.1 for HTC 10 you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
    How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 15.1.
    Stay tuned or Subscribe to the HTC 10 (pme) forum For other Android Oreo, Nougat ROMs, LineageOS 15.1 ROMs, other ROMs and all other device specific topics.

Linux User
    Participant

i’ve been testing the for like a month, and i have two problems, dual speaker won’t work and camera is to slow it takes a lot to open, i dont know if i have this problem cause i have oreo firmware, but by the way its a quite nice rom.

Linux User
    Participant

Great ROM, everything works good except a few things, indeed only 1 speaker plays audio, camera apps start a bit slow, and HTC Sense (among some other HTC Apps) seems to crash and stop working, but that last part might be because of some conflict with GApps.

Linux User
    Participant

I request advise. Installed LineageOS 15 on HTC 10, together with Gapps and ICE sound kernel from the hub. As far as sound quality it’s the best I’ve heard from any custom ROM so far.

My problem is when making calls I can hear the caller from both the internal and external speakers. Have gone through every forum concerning LineageOS about this issue but came up with nothing.

Could the culprit be the ICE kernel? Any advise much appreciated as I’d like to keep LineageOS if the sound issue is fixed. Thanks

Linux User
    Participant

Is there any real Chance to get a fix for dual speaker functionality? Its a great ROM though, but the fact that the big bottom speaker isn’t working is in my opinion a bit annoying… Hope to hear some good news

Cheers

Stefan

Siba
    Keymaster

@xectis

You can try without flashing the ICE sound kernel and see if you still see the problem that you have reported!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.