LineageOS 14.1 for Xperia Z3 Compact (z3c) Nougat 7.1 ROM

GCam Port | Google Camera APK v9.2 (March 2024) Forums Sony Device Forums Xperia Z3 Compact – z3c LineageOS 14.1 for Xperia Z3 Compact (z3c) Nougat 7.1 ROM

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

Here comes the LineageOS 14.1 for Xperia Z3 Compact (z3c) via an unofficial build. If you want the OFFICIAL update or some more Lineage ROMs then stay tuned to the LineageOS 14.1 Devices list page. This Xperia Z3 Compact LineageOS 14.1 (z3c) is brought to you by mcgi5sr2, another build is brought to you by nailyk and one of the TWRP for Xperia Z3 Compact is brought to you by derf elot.

DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S):

No donation links available for any of the developers.

DISCLAIMER:
    THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD WHICH MAY NOT BOOT AT ALL OR EVEN IF IT BOOTS IT MAY HAVE MANY BUGS. HAVE A BACKUP OF THE CURRENT ROM BEFORE FLASHING THIS ROM AND TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK. Installing a custom ROM on a Xperia Z3 Compact (z3c) requires the bootloader to be unlocked on the Xperia Z3 Compact (z3c) phone, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.

Status of LineageOS 14.1 for Xperia Z3 Compact (z3c), Nougat 7.1 ROM:

WHAT’S WORKING:
    – Not known
    KNOWN ISSUES:
    – Not Known

LineageOS 14.1 for Xperia Z3 Compact (z3c)

REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES FOR LineageOS 14.1 for Xperia Z3 Compact NOUGAT CUSTOM ROM:

Root binary is NOT inbuilt in LineageOS 14.1, so you may need a separate SuperSu package or LineageOS su binary to install to gain ROOT access. Here is How to ROOT LineageOS 14.1
    If there is no in-built ROOT or it does not work for some reason then you can try flashing SuperSU zip using recovery to gain ROOT access.

HOW TO INSTALL/DOWNLOAD/FLASH/UPDATE Xperia Z3 Compact LineageOS 14.1 NOUGAT CUSTOM ROM:

1. Follow this if you are flashing LineageOS 14.1 for Xperia Z3 Compact (z3c) for the first time, or coming from another ROM:

Points to NOTE:
      – Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
      – Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
      – It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.

2. Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 14.1 for Xperia Z3 Compact (z3c):

Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android Nougat 7.1 with LineageOS 14.1 for Xperia Z3 Compact (z3c). After the installation of Xperia Z3 Compact LineageOS 14.1 (z3c) you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
    How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 14.1.

Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Xperia Z3 Compact (z3c) forum For other Android Nougat ROMs, LineageOS 14.1 ROMs, other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
    Linux User
    Participant

I did everything like the tutorial, but when i try to reboot on recovery mode, it shows an Android lying down with a red triangle right above it, like i don’t have any kind of TWRP on the Phone, is it possible that my z3c is not compatible with the twrp?

Linux User
    Participant

Hi @fernando_bravi_trombini, to conclude if the TWRP compatibility is a problem, you have to tell me which TWRP are you using on your phone.

I will recommend you to use nailyk’s TWRP and Lineage OS 14.1 ROM for the Z3C.

Linux User
    Participant

Thank you so much for this! I use the ROM for nearly two days now and experienced now major problems until now. However I came across the issue that after the wiping in TWRP the ROM installer aborted with error 7 complaining the device name was “.”
    I found someone with the same issue and the solution here:
    http://en.miui.com/thread-334543-1-1.html
    So I unzipped the ROM, removed the line starting with “asert” and packed it again, worked after that.
    Just a last question: as this is a kind of nightly build the auto update does not work, right?
    When I try to initiate a Lineage OS Update manually an error pops up that there was trouble finding the update, check internet connection.

Linux User
    Participant

@mrdobiwe-de This is an unofficial Lineage OS build from individual developer(s) and not yet an OFFICIAL NIGHTLY Lineage OS, So, you won’t get any OTA updates on this Lineage OS ROM. You need to manually download and upgrade the latest Lineage OS build if available.

Linux User
    Participant

Need to unlock the bootloader? My phone is z3c it is running with root. I have twrp installed, but I have not unlocked bootloader … can I install nougat? Will work?

Linux User
    Participant

@francispp
    If you already have a TWRP installed then I think you don’t need to unlock the bootloader.
    You can just flash the Lineage OS ROM using the existing TWRP.

Linux User
    Participant

Yesterday I’ve installed it. It works perfectly except the calls. Idk why but my microphone is not working during calls. Camera, recording,whats app in everything mic is working. Any solutions?

Linux User
    Participant

Hello,
    I tried to upgrade to the new OS LineageOS 14.1 on the Sony Xperia Z3C with preinstalled TWRP from another source (TWRP 3.0.2-0) and with root. I have a locked bootloader.
    I met when installing with a phone versioning issue. My is the D8503 above. TWRP reports a Z3 model error. And it all ends.
    Do you advise me what to do or wait for a new version from Nailyk where will this be fixed?
    Thank you for the advice.

Linux User
    Participant

[quote quote=22563]Hello,
    I met when installing with a phone versioning issue. My is the D8503 above. TWRP reports a Z3 model error. And it all ends.
    [/quote]
    When you install a ROM from TWRP it checks the model number the TWRP is built with and not the model number shown on Android OS. I will recommend you to install a TWRP built by nailyk and retry flashing the same ROM and see if you go through!!

[quote quote=22563]Hello,
    Do you advise me what to do or wait for a new version from Nailyk where will this be fixed?
    Thank you for the advice.
    [/quote]
    This not a ROM issue and hence this may never be fixed in the upcoming versions.
    Otherwise you can modify the updater-script in the ROM zip file and install it forcibly.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.