Lineage OS 14.1 or newer on a Wileyfox Swift (current OS: Cyanogen OS 12.1.1)?

GCam Port | Google Camera APK v9.2 (March 2024) Forums WileyFox Device Forums Swift – crackling Lineage OS 14.1 or newer on a Wileyfox Swift (current OS: Cyanogen OS 12.1.1)?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

Hi there!
    I tried to unlock/root/install recovery and finally install Lineage OS 14.1 on a Wileyfox Swift which I got especially for that reason.
    It is running on Cyanogen OS (not CyanogenMOD!) 12.1.1-YOG7DAS2FI, Android 5.1.1, Android Safety patch level Jan 1, 2016, baseband version .0.2.c1.4-00015-M8936FAAAANUZM-1, kernel version 3.10.49-cyanogen-ge4cc700, build no. LMY48Y as of Fri Dec 18 10:11:08 PST 2015.
    So, a rather early version of its OS.
    My computer is a LENOVO W530 laptop running on Linux Mint 18.1, ADB and FASTBOOT are installed and working.
    I’ve downloaded TWRP recovery img file “twrp-3.1.0-0-crackling.img” and “lineage-14.1-20170501-nightly-crackling-signed.zip” as the OS I wanted to install. Both of these files I copied to the root of the sd card inside the phone as told by the installation guides. During installation of Lineage OS 14.1 they can be seen, but the phone shows an error message and hangs after trying to unzip the Lineage OS 14.1 archive.
    It said in several How-To’s that I could use the mentioned TWRP recovery file and the downloaded Lineage OS for a Wileyfox Swift crackling (which I thought Cyanogen OS 12.1.1 to be), but as I wasn’t able to install neither TWRP recovery nor the Lineage OS I presume that the software version of the phone is too old and/or the installation guides just wouldn’t apply to my phone.
    I have no data on the phone, so even if things go wrong during installation of the new OS nothing will be destroyed, I bought the phone for testing reasons only.

The phone also hangs after booting into fastboot mode, I couldn’t install TWRP recovery although the terminal told me it had been installed. At least I couldn’t see it having been installed, I couldn’t boot into it. The terminal also showed the device no. of my phone (which, after typing “adb devices”, was 5d7df275).
    The original recovery partition seems to have been erased, I cannot boot into it (by holding Volume Down & Power On buttons), all the phone does: It hangs showing the Wileyfox logo and “Powered by android”. I then have to take out the battery to turn it off or reboot into Cyanogen OS.
    I rooted the phone.

Any idea how I can go about installing Lineage OS 14.1 or even newer on that phone? I’d really like to test the OS as I was quite a fan of Cyanogen and CyanogenMOD.

Thanks!
    jwalesch

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.