LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy TAB S 10.5 WiFi (chagallwifi) Nougat ROM

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

Android Nougat 7.1 ROM, LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy TAB S 10.5 WiFi has now arrived via an OFFICIAL build. If you want some more LineageOS ROMs then stay tuned to the LineageOS 14.1 ROM Devices list page. This Galaxy TAB S 10.5 WiFi LineageOS 14.1 is an OFFICIAL LineageOS for Galaxy Tab S 10.5 WiFi WiFi, which means you will be getting weekly updates of this ROM for your device. An unofficial build is brought to you by DarkExistence.

DONATION TO DEVELOPER:

If you like this LineageOS 14.1 ROM for Galaxy TAB S 10.5 WiFi then consider a donation to DarkExistence.

DISCLAIMER:
    HAVE A BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING THIS AND TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK. Installing a custom ROM on a Galaxy TAB S 10.5 WiFi (chagallwifi, SM-T800) may require the bootloader to be unlocked, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.

Status of LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy TAB S 10.5 WiFi (chagallwifi, SM-T800) Nougat 7.1 ROM:

WHAT’S WORKING:
    – Not Known
    KNOWN ISSUES:
    – Not Known

LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy TAB S 10.5 WiFi (chagallwifi, SM-T800)

REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES FOR LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy TAB S 10.5 WiFi NOUGAT 7.1 BASED CUSTOM ROM:

Root binary is NOT inbuilt in LineageOS 14.1, so you may need a separate SuperSu package or LineageOS su binary to install to gain ROOT access. Here is How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 14.1
    If there is no in-built ROOT or it does not work for some reason then you can try flashing SuperSU zip using recovery to gain ROOT access.

HOW TO INSTALL/DOWNLOAD/FLASH/UPDATE Galaxy TAB S 10.5 WiFi LineageOS 14.1 NOUGAT CUSTOM ROM:

1. Follow this if you are flashing LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy TAB S 10.5 WiFi (chagallwifi, SM-T800) for the first time, or coming from another ROM:

Points to NOTE:
      – Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
      – Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
      – It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.

2. Upgrading from earlier version of Galaxy TAB S 10.5 WiFi LineageOS 14.1 (chagallwifi, SM-T800):

Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android Nougat 7.1 with LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy TAB S 10.5 WiFi (chagallwifi, SM-T800). After the installation of Galaxy TAB S 10.5 WiFi LineageOS 14.1 ROM (chagallwifi, SM-T800) you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
    How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 14.1.

Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Galaxy TAB S 10.5 WiFi (chagallwifi, SM-T800) forum For other Android Nougat ROMs, LineageOS 14.1 ROMs, other ROMs and all other device specific topics.

Linux User
    Participant

I’m having trouble with the wifi. It will not turn on at all. Is there a fix for it?

Linux User
    Participant

Also, Ive followed all of the install steps for my Galaxy Tab S 10.5 chagallwifi and re-installed multiple times with the same results…wifi not working

Linux User
    Participant

@philyrey If multiple flashings did not help getting the wifi on, then I guess it could be a bug in the ROM itself. You need to wait for an update.

IN the mean time, let me look around for some unofficial builds by other developers.

Linux User
    Participant

@philyrey I have updated a new unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 build by DarkExistence.

Can you check if this ROM has the wifi working??

Linux User
    Participant

Yes, the DarkExistence build has a working wifi

Linux User
    Participant

Thank you for your help. No other bugs to report as of now

Linux User
    Participant

Thanks @philyrey for the quick update. Your feedback will surely help other users making a decision whether or not to flash the Lineage OS ROM.

Linux User
    Participant

I tried to install this last night. Several times. Each time on reboot, the tablet would freeze at the Samsung logo. I did get two errors during install, but ultimately it said the install was successful. I’m using TWRP 3.0.2 to install. Do I need 3.1.0?

I tried both the official and unofficial builds with the same outcome.

Thanks for any help!

Linux User
    Participant

I updated TWRP and I didn’t get the same errors, but the boot still freezes on the Samsung logo.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.