- March 27, 2017 at 8:51 PM #16198
Android Nougat 7.1 ROM, Lineage OS 14.1 for Galaxy TAB PRO 8.4 WiFi has now arrived via an UNOFFICIAL build. If you want some more Lineage OS ROMs or wanna taste the OFFICIAL Lineage OS build then stay tuned to the Lineage OS 14.1 ROM Devices list page. This Galaxy TAB PRO 8.4 WiFi Lineage OS 14.1 is brought to you by developer Migush.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER:
If you like this ROM, then do consider a donation to Migush.DISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD WHICH MAY HAVE MANY MORE BUGS THAN YOU CAN IMAGINE. HAVE A BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING THIS AND TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK. Installing a custom ROM on a Galaxy TAB PRO 8.4 WiFi (mondrianwifi, SM-T320) may require the bootloader to be unlocked, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of Lineage OS 14.1 for Galaxy TAB PRO 8.4 WiFi (mondrianwifi, SM-T320) Nougat 7.1 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Not KnownKNOWN ISSUES:
– Not Known
REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES FOR Lineage OS 14.1 for Galaxy TAB PRO 8.4 WiFi NOUGAT 7.1 BASED CUSTOM ROM:
HOW TO INSTALL/DOWNLOAD/FLASH/UPDATE Galaxy TAB PRO 8.4 WiFi Lineage OS 14.1 NOUGAT CUSTOM ROM:
Follow this if you are flashing Lineage OS 14.1 for Galaxy TAB PRO 8.4 WiFi (mondrianwifi, SM-T320) for the first time, or coming from another ROM:
Points to NOTE:
– Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
– Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
– It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Download and Copy the GApps and Lineage OS 14.1 for Galaxy TAB PRO 8.4 WiFi ROM ZIP to your phone.
- Boot into Recovery. Make sure to have a Custom recovery like CWM or TWRP or any other custom recovery. If not then follow the Custom Recovery Installation Guide for Galaxy TAB PRO 8.4 WiFi (mondrianwifi, SM-T320) (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as CWM recovery or any other recovery)
- Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe data using TWRP recovery.
This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM
– How to backup all data on your Android Device
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery
- First flash the Galaxy TAB PRO 8.4 WiFi Lineage OS 14.1 ROM ZIP from device. Then flash the GApps zip from your device memory.
– Here is a post explaining how to install Lineage OS.
- DO NOT REBOOT yet. Then flash the Lineage OS 14.1 GApps package.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash Lineage OS 14.1 GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Nougat 7.1 Lineage OS 14.1 ROM for Galaxy TAB PRO 8.4 WiFi (mondrianwifi, SM-T320).
Upgrading from earlier version of Galaxy TAB PRO 8.4 WiFi Lineage OS 14.1 (mondrianwifi, SM-T320):
- Copy the latest Lineage OS 14.1 for Galaxy TAB PRO 8.4 WiFi ROM ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into Recovery.
- Flash the latest Lineage OS ROM ZIP from your phone.
– Here is a post explaining how to install Lineage OS.
- Then flash the Lineage OS 14.1 Nougat GApps package.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android Nougat 7.1 with Lineage OS 14.1 for Galaxy TAB PRO 8.4 WiFi (mondrianwifi, SM-T320). After the installation of Galaxy TAB PRO 8.4 WiFi Lineage OS 14.1 ROM (mondrianwifi, SM-T320) you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
How to Enable ROOT on Lineage OS 14.1.
Attachments:May 21, 2017 at 10:44 PM #19375
Hi… first time posting! I tried this ROM and the flash/install completed without any hiccups. The system looks and feels great! Im using pixel home screen and my tablet feels like a brand new device. Honestly, So much quicker than stock 4.4.2 or whatever it had on before. ALSO Thank goodness i dont have to deal with Samsung’s magx or whatever it was called.
Ive only been using 14.1 for a few days and everything seems solid, tho i do have some notes to share.
1. Camera – Front or rear wont work. It gives me the error of “Camera Error – Cant connect to camera”.
2. Battery Life – It drains quick. I have it in Balance mode and it drains considerably more than before. Now this could be because its a much newer OS and thats just the way it is, but im not sure.
Other than that im very happy that I rooted/flashed and installed Linage 14.1
CheersMay 22, 2017 at 1:29 AM #19376
What Lineage ROM I can use for Samsung GT-I5500?June 11, 2017 at 2:34 AM #21340
First, I am pretty new at this but went ahead after reading and re-reading. Everything works great.
I do have a minor problem. I have no usb debug option under Developer options so I can’t transfer files from my laptop.
Thanks for the support.June 12, 2017 at 9:08 PM #21487
I hope someone can provide some direction. I have the tab 8.4 working but I have one major issue.
From lack of experience, I turned extensible storage which now prevents me from doing any updates since TWRP doesn’t recognize extensible storage.
Do I need to start from the beginning and redo everything or is there a method just to re-install TWRP
Thank you in advanceJune 13, 2017 at 7:04 AM #21525
This issue has been resolved .
thank youJune 13, 2017 at 7:06 AM #21526
issue resolved. you can format the sd card and make the card personal storage. Just need to copy everything first to a holding space, format, and then copy back after you format.June 18, 2017 at 4:32 PM #22113
issue resolved. you can format the sd card and make the card personal storage. Just need to copy everything first to a holding space, format, and then copy back after you format.
Sorry for replying you back so late but it’s good to know that you have fixed the issue by yourself. As you said you are new here, I will say there is a lot of learning scope you can explore in the process of doing all these :).
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.