- March 20, 2017 at 6:16 PM #15389
Android Nougat 7.1 ROM, Lineage OS 14.1 for Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 WiFi has now arrived via an UNOFFICIAL build. If you want some more Lineage OS ROMs or wanna taste the OFFICIAL Lineage OS build then stay tuned to the Lineage OS 14.1 ROM collection page. Or if you are looking for other Nougat ROMs, then here is the CM14.1 for Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 WiFi. This Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 WiFi Lineage OS 14.1 is brought to you by developer thisisapoorusernamechoice.DISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD WHICH MAY HAVE MANY MORE BUGS THAN YOU CAN IMAGINE. HAVE A BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING THIS AND TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK. Installing a custom ROM on a Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 WiFi (matissewifi) may require the bootloader to be unlocked, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of Lineage OS 14.1 for Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 WiFi (matissewifi) Nougat 7.1 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Not KnownKNOWN ISSUES:
– Not Known
REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES FOR Lineage OS 14.1 for Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 WiFi NOUGAT 7.1 BASED CUSTOM ROM:
HOW TO INSTALL/DOWNLOAD/FLASH/UPDATE Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 WiFi Lineage OS 14.1 NOUGAT CUSTOM ROM:
Follow this if you are flashing Lineage OS 14.1 for Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 WiFi (matissewifi) for the first time, or coming from another ROM:
Points to NOTE:
– Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
– Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
– It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Download and Copy the GApps and Lineage OS 14.1 for Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 WiFi ROM ZIP to your phone.
- Boot into Recovery. Make sure to have a Custom recovery like CWM or TWRP or any other custom recovery. If not then follow the Custom Recovery Installation Guide for Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 WiFi (matissewifi) (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as CWM recovery or any other recovery)
- Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe data using TWRP recovery.
This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM
– How to backup all data on your Android Device
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery
- First flash the Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 WiFi Lineage OS 14.1 ROM ZIP from device. Then flash the GApps zip from your device memory.
– Here is a post explaining how to install Lineage OS.
- DO NOT REBOOT yet. Then flash the Lineage OS 14.1 GApps package.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash Lineage OS 14.1 GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Nougat 7.1 Lineage OS 14.1 ROM for Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 WiFi (matissewifi).
Upgrading from earlier version of Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 WiFi Lineage OS 14.1 (matissewifi):
- Copy the latest Lineage OS 14.1 for Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 WiFi ROM ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into Recovery.
- Flash the latest Lineage OS ROM ZIP from your phone.
– Here is a post explaining how to install Lineage OS.
- Then flash the Lineage OS 14.1 Nougat GApps package.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android Nougat 7.1 with Lineage OS 14.1 for Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 WiFi (matissewifi). After the installation of Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 WiFi Lineage OS 14.1 ROM (matissewifi) you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
How to Enable ROOT on Lineage OS 14.1.
Attachments:July 29, 2017 at 5:57 AM #24116
So it seems this 14.1 rom has been downloaded 1200 times. Anyone care to give feedback? Is it usable? Any newer signs of an official rom on the horizon?
My set-up is still back at android 4.4.2 (have worked on getting tarp onto it, and getting it rooted, but that not quite there, and newly available Ota updates being refused due to this) so I’m keen to get the whole los thing sorted.
Also not sure if there is a more specific Los site to look into this. Google group seems to send me back to this cm site with the text all targeting Los, but it’s looking slightly stale.
Stu.August 5, 2017 at 7:33 AM #24252
Mod please remove previous post (and this new one), since I can’t edit it. (Since the stars have now aligned, and I’ve found all the useful threads over @ xda-developers.com)August 8, 2017 at 9:30 PM #24271
I’ve tried this update a few times, but keep getting the dreaded “KERNEL IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING” after installing Lineage OS (lineage-14.1-20170319-UNOFFICIAL-matissewifi.zip from here) and GApps (open_gapps-arm-7.1-nano-20170807.zip). I only have Linux or OS X, so Odin (http://www.cyanogenmods.org/forums/topic/install-twrp-recovery-samsung-android-using-odin/) doesn’t work (and JOdin3 does nothing when it says “running”) and I’ve been using Heimdall per the instructions (fastboot http://www.cyanogenmods.org/forums/topic/install-twrp-recovery-android-using-fastboot/).
I’ve tried both the instructions here and https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/n1awifi/install (where I started, then found this thread after the Heimdall said the n1awifi does not support my hardware: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 SM-T530NU).
I tried both the twrp-3.0.3-0_matisse_20170122-0641.img linked here and the latest twrp-3.1.0-0-matisse.img from the TWRP website (https://twrp.me/devices/samsunggalaxytab4101.html), with the same effect. Luckily I took a full backup and restoring the prior OS (Android 5.0.2) via TWRP recovery works. I was unable to find an “OEM Unlock” option in the Developer settings of the OEM provided Android OS and “fastboot oem unlock” just says “waiting for device” and “fastboot devices) says no devices when in OEM OS, Download mode, or Recovery mode.
EDIT1: I should note that the “KERNEL IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING” should not be an issue (per https://www.reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/6n7lpa/flashed_the_latest_los_and_now_my_phone_says/), but this is where my device is stuck after flashing this Lineage OS 14.1 image.
August 11, 2017 at 3:26 AM #24313
- This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by Eric Sandall. Reason: Add note aabout SEANDROID ENFORCING visual queue only
As a follow-up, using the Resurrection Remix image from https://forum.xda-developers.com/tab-4/development/rom-resurrection-remix-5-8-0-t3544283 (@thisisapoorusernamechoice’s RR-N-v5.8.2-20170311-matissewifi-Unofficial posted at https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=71398881&postcount=45 ) and the same steps/instructions I was able to get that image to load and boot, still shows the “KERNEL IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING” error at boot, but then loads the boot image with animated “Get Resurrection” animated logo.
- This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by Eric Sandall. Reason: Updated which version of RR
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.