LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy Grand Prime (fortuna3g) Android 7.1 ROM

GCam Port | Google Camera APK v9.2 (March 2024) Forums Samsung Device Forums Galaxy Grand Prime – fortuna3g (SM-G530H) LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy Grand Prime (fortuna3g) Android 7.1 ROM

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

Android Nougat 7.1 ROM, LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy Grand Prime has now arrived via an UNOFFICIAL build. If you want some more LineageOS ROMs or wanna taste the OFFICIAL LineageOS build then stay tuned to the LineageOS 14.1 ROM Devices list page. This Galaxy Grand Prime LineageOS 14.1 is brought to you by developer CarlosArriagaCM, Hassan Sardar (Has.007) and another build is brought to you by Boulaxx.

DONATION TO DEVELOPER:

If you like this LineageOS 14.1 for Grand Prime, then do consider a contribution:
    Donate to CarlosArriagaCM

DISCLAIMER:
    THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD WHICH MAY HAVE MANY MORE BUGS THAN YOU CAN IMAGINE. HAVE A BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING THIS AND TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK. Installing a custom ROM on a Galaxy Grand Prime (fortuna3g, SM-G530H) may require the bootloader to be unlocked, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.

Status of LineageOS for Grand Prime (fortuna3g, SM-G530H) Nougat 7.1 ROM:

WHAT’S WORKING:
    – Not Known
    KNOWN ISSUES:
    – Not Known

LineageOS for Grand Prime (fortuna3g, SM-G530H)

REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES FOR LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy Grand Prime NOUGAT 7.1 BASED CUSTOM ROM:

Root binary is NOT inbuilt in LineageOS 14.1, so you may need a separate SuperSu package or LineageOS su binary to install to gain ROOT access. Here is How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 14.1
    If there is no in-built ROOT or it does not work for some reason then you can try flashing SuperSU zip using recovery to gain ROOT access.

HOW TO INSTALL/DOWNLOAD/FLASH/UPDATE Galaxy Grand Prime LineageOS 14.1 NOUGAT CUSTOM ROM:

1. Follow this if you are flashing LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy Grand Prime (fortuna3g, SM-G530H) for the first time, or coming from another ROM:

Points to NOTE:
      – Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
      – Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
      – It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.

2. Upgrading from earlier version of Galaxy Grand Prime LineageOS 14.1 (fortuna3g, SM-G530H):

Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android Nougat 7.1 with LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy Grand Prime (fortuna3g, SM-G530H). After the installation of Galaxy Grand Prime LineageOS 14.1 ROM (fortuna3g, SM-G530H) you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
    How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 14.1.

Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Galaxy Grand Prime (fortuna3g, SM-G530H) forum For other Android Nougat ROMs, LineageOS 14.1 ROMs, other ROMs and all other device specific topics.

Development thread of LineageOS for Grand prime by Boulaxx is here.

Linux User
    Participant

plzz port this to core prime 3g :)

Linux User
    Participant

My phone is in trouble, it is difficult to turn on the screen but when it lights it works normally

Linux User
    Participant

[quote quote=21249]My phone is in trouble, it is difficult to turn on the screen but when it lights it works normally
    [/quote]

What exactly is the problem on your phone?? Does it have difficulties turning on while the screen is off, that’s what are you saying??

Linux User
    Participant

I’ve got a broken camera after flashing lineageOS 14.1. “Can’t connect to camera” msg. I tried 3rd party apps, some restarting camera solutions from online tutorials, reflashing LOS 14.1, but to no avail. camera works fine in lollipop stock rom. Only rear camera effected. Front camera worked fine. Any suggestions?

Linux User
    Participant

Hello, I admire your work and I would like to test it on my smartphone, but I have some unknowns that need to be clarified to give way.

Does this work with the G532M? (Samsung J2 Prime or Grand Prime +)

I will apply the ROM for daily use, will the ROM give me some kind of problem?

Do you work with all networks? (Including 4G and LTE)

Linux User
    Participant

Answering my own question from before, turns out I was missing information.

My problem was due to baseband version. There are 3 builds available for the G530H model, each with a particular codename that match a specific baseband code. I didn’t know about this. So if someone else is having this problem, and is ill informed as I was, this may be the issue.

My phone is XCU baseband, so I needed fortunave3g build. You can find more about this on XDA-forums master thread on this device

To find your baseband version one can go to settings>device info, basband should be right above kernel version and will look something like: G530H ### *****
    You need to know whats on that ### portion of the baseband code. In my case it was G530HXCU*****

Linux User
    Participant

Hi @guga_figueiredo

Thanks for your input. I have updated the same in the Downloads section, which in turn will help other users.

Linux User
    Participant

@guga_figueroa la mia termina en g530hxxu2bpi2
    cual seria la rom correcta que tendria que instalar?
    Agradeceria su ayuda

Linux User
    Participant

Hi! Does this build work on G531M?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.