Lenovo K3 NOTE LineageOS 14.1, Nougat 7.1 ROM

GCam Port | Google Camera APK v9.2 (March 2024) Forums Lenovo Device Forums K3 Note – aio_otfp Lenovo K3 NOTE LineageOS 14.1, Nougat 7.1 ROM

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

Android Nougat 7.1 ROM, Lenovo K3 NOTE LineageOS 14.1 has now arrived via an UNOFFICIAL build. Also, here is the latest LineageOS 15 for K3 NOTE, which you can try. If you want some more Lineage ROMs or wanna taste the OFFICIAL Lineage build then stay tuned the LineageOS 14.1 ROM collection page. Before this there was the CM14.1 for K3 NOTE. This LineageOS 14.1 for K3 NOTE (aio_otfp) is brought to you by developer Adeveloper79 and daniel_hk. If you like this ROM and want the developer to keep up this good work then please consider donating daniel_hk via PayPal and donate to Sandeep Sethi (Adeveloper79) using PayPal.

DISCLAIMER:
    THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD WHICH MAY NOT BOOT AT ALL. IF AT ALL IT BOOTS IT MAY HAVE MANY MORE BUGS THAN YOU CAN IMAGINE. SO HAVE A BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING THIS AND TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK. Installing a custom ROM on a K3 NOTE (aio_otfp) requires the bootloader to be unlocked on the K3 NOTE (aio_otfp) phone, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.

Status of Lenovo K3 NOTE LineageOS 14.1 Nougat 7.1 Custom ROM:

WHAT’S WORKING:
    – Not Known
    KNOWN ISSUES:
    – Not Known

Lenovo K3 NOTE LineageOS 14.1 Nougat 7.1 Custom ROM

REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES FOR K3 NOTE LineageOS 14.1 NOUGAT CUSTOM ROM:

Root binary is inbuilt in LineageOS 14.1, so you don’t need a separate SuperSu package to install to gain ROOT access. Here is How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 14.1
    If there is no in-built ROOT or it does not work for some reason then you can try flashing SuperSU zip using recovery to gain ROOT access.

HOW TO INSTALL/DOWNLOAD/FLASH/UPDATE LineageOS 14.1 FOR K3 NOTE NOUGAT CUSTOM ROM:

1. Follow this if you are flashing LineageOS 14.1 for K3 NOTE (aio_otfp) for the first time, or coming from another ROM:

Points to NOTE:
      – Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
      – Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
      – It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.

2. Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 14.1 for K3 NOTE (aio_otfp):

Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android Nougat 7.1 with LineageOS 14.1 for K3 NOTE (aio_otfp). After the installation of LineageOS 14.1 for K3 NOTE (aio_otfp) you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
    How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 14.1.

Stay tuned or Subscribe to the K3 NOTE (aio_otfp) forum For other Android Nougat ROMs, LineageOS 14.1 ROMs, other ROMs and all other device specific topics.

Linux User
    Participant

Hi I have installed the ROM prepared by Daniel_H_k on Lenovo K3 Note 50a40 using TWRP 3.# Custom Recovery, everything seems to be working alright. In India the Airtel SIM and Jio Sim were used, Jio sim takes time to register, VOLTE not available. also SMSC has to be fed manually (Which should not be the case). Its only 1 Days since installation. Will keep updated. Installed Gapps Pico 64 bit version. Seems to be working alright. Thank You so much. Looking forward for later releases with VOLTE support.

Linux User
    Participant

The only issue for me is being unable to use double-tap to wake. Could you please check this out? Thank you and great job!!

Linux User
    Participant

Ok, so I installed RENICE V6 custom kernel and that got it done. Amazing.

Linux User
    Participant

Thanks for the information. Looks like the kernel image on the Lineage ROM is missing with double tap to wake functionality.

Linux User
    Participant

Hi

I flashed the daniel_hk Lineage 14.1 rom and I have found that after installing and enabling a substratum there will be different issues that prevent the phone from working correctly.

After enabling one theme the phone will reboot whenever root access is used and with another the System UI stops responding.

I tried re flashing but this had no effect.

Linux User
    Participant

I was trying to install ‘lineage-14.1-20170312-UNOFFICIAL-aio_otfp.zip’ from Daniel_hk and it gave an error ‘E3004: This package is for device: K50-t5,aoi_otfp, aoi_otfp_m,K3Note; this device is K50’. What should I do? Which ROM should I use for ‘K50’?
    Note: under ‘Settings > About Phone > Device Information’ it says ‘Model number’ is K50a40.

Linux User
    Participant

I believe it’s just the assert() in the updater_script in the ROM which is causing this failure. It is risky to do so, but you can remove the assert() code from the updater_script of the ROM and flash the ROM.

Why is it risky to do so?

The ROM might be built only for the device codenames mentioned in assert() file and there by removing the assert() code you are allowing to flash this ROM in any phone. Yes, you read it right, in any phone. If it is not meant for your phone, then IT MAY BE BRICKED permanently. So, TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Linux User
    Participant

Yes, there is an assert in updater script and I could have modified it to allow installation on K50. But I knew its risky. That’s why I didn’t do it :)

My point was
    1. why does it show the device codename as K50 (this is just for my understanding)? As I’ve read somewhere that K50a40 gets changed to K50-t5 when stock ROM gets updated to MM. But could not find any info related to K50.

2. My main question was: Which ROM should I use for ‘K50’?
    Any idea?

Linux User
    Participant

See the /system/build.prop file for more info about the ROM build that you are going to flash in your phone. If you are confident about the build based on the build.prop info then it should be fine to modify the updater-script file to remove the assert.

As long as you have a NANDROID backup which can always take you to the last working state, it should be fine too.

It’s for the users I write these disclaimers, because I never know how much knowledgeable they are to get the device back to work even after a soft-brick. In my own devices I don’t think much while doing these minor things, because I always know as long as my custom recovery is working I can get the device to working state.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.