How to Install TWRP Recovery on Android Using Fastboot

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

Can you re-check if the bootloader is really unlocked or not by executing the following command:

fastboot getvar unlocked

Post the output of the above command here so that I can help you further.

Linux User
    Participant

stuck on

fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk twrp-3.2.3-0-cedric.img

it says

< waiting for device >

anyone know how to fix

Linux User
    Participant

OK.
    If bootloader is unlocked then can you try with the latest ADB & fastboot: https://dl.google.com/android/repository/platform-tools-latest-windows.zip

And also install the latest driver (if available) for your device.

Linux User
    Participant

Already installed TWRP via Fastboot. Tool says TWRP installed. Nethertheless I can’t boot in TWRP. Used Vol down. This caused a hardreset, but no TWRP.
    Sorry for my ugly schoolenglish.

Greetz

Linux User
    Participant

After 45 minutes, I power cycled the phone. It restarted. I have not had time to look at the state. You can ignore the previous post.

Linux User
    Participant

[quote quote=22351]When I am entering recovery mode from bootloader page, it shows a picture of dead android and says no command. Please help. I am on moto g turbo
    [/quote]

I think the recovery image is not present on the phone or somehow erased.
    Try installing the recovery image once more and then reboot to recovery. Tell me if it still does not work !!

Linux User
    Participant

Hi,

I followed this methode on my xperia z3c (running on Cyanogen) and i’m stuck during the last step (fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.x.x-xxx.img). This commande return me the following message <Waiting for device> and nothing else happens. i carefully followed the previous steps and everything sounds to be normal exept that.. In the past i allready used TWRP to switch from the nativ os to cyanogen but now i’m stuck with the cyanogen bootloader and i can’t migrate toward Lineage OS :(

If someone had the same problem or has any idea on how i can change my bootloader it will be awsome to share idea !

Linux User
    Participant

I stuck at step 7. My s4 is not downloading anything.
    I’m trying to flash twrp-3.0.2-0-jfltexx.img

Linux User
    Participant

@sandro_lopes and @linea
    Is the bootloader on your phone unlocked??

Linux User
    Participant

Hi again,

the further proplem I had with the message “waiting for device” is fixed now. I just repeat the booting process. But there is still a problem at this step. Now I get the message that it is not possible to load the image file (as you can see in the picture).

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.