- August 23, 2016 at 2:23 PM #5714
Final version of Android Nougat is released on August 22 and here is a manual flashing guide for the Nexus 5x. This is not an incremental update and contains the complete Android Nougat Official Final Released version (August 22) for the Nexus 5x. If you don’t want to flash the image manually then you can join Android’s BETA program to get the android Nougat OTA releases on your phone almost instantly.DISCLAIMER:
Manually installing factory images on a Nexus device requires the bootloader to be unlocked on the Nexus phone, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS AND GUIDES TO INSTALL NEXUS 5X ANDROID NOUGAT FACTORY IMAGES:
STEP by STEP GUIDE TO FLASH ANDROID NOUGAT FACTORY IMAGE ON NEXUS 5X:
- Download the Android Nougat Factory image for the Nexus 5x from the above downloads section.
- Make sure you have a Linux/Windows PC or a MAC installed with Fastboot and adb binaries. If not then you can follow one of the following guides based on your PC OS:
ADB Fastboot Installation guide for Windows
ADB Fastboot Installation guide for Linux or MAC
- Boot into Recovery by one of the following method:
– Power off the phone and keep pressing key combinations: Power Button + Volume Down while turning on your Nexus.
– If you have enabled USB debugging and you have ADB utility installed on your PC then you can execute the following command on a console or command prompt:
adb reboot recovery
- Now inside the recovery, select the following option:
Apply update from ADB
- Execute the following command on a console or command prompt to flash the Nexus 5x Android Nougat factory image:
adb sideload <path to ota file.zip>
This may delete all your data on your phone. IGNORE IF YOU DON’T WANT TO OR IF YOU HAVE ALREADY DONE THIS. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM.
– How to backup all data on your Android Device.
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery.
- Wait for the flashing to be done and then select the following option in the recovery to reboot the phone:
Reboot the system now
After rebooting, do the initial setup and enjoy the latest Android Nougat on Nexus 5x. If you face any problems then login and comment here to get an instant reply.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.