- April 8, 2017 at 7:51 PM #17016
This post will guide you How to Install Lineage OS on an Android phone or Tablet by using TWRP or any other custom Recovery. Here I will be sharing all the necessary steps, download links or files to install a Lineage OS On any Android device using a TWRP recovery.
WHAT IS LINEAGE OS?
Lineage OS is a custom Android Firmware and is a continuation work of CyanogenMod (meaning, Lineage OS is CyanogenMod from inside out). Many OEM manufactured devices usually come with AOSP (The Android Open Source Project) Android ROMs. This not always true. OEMs like: Samsung which has TouchWiz UI, HTC which has Sense UI, Xiaomi which has MIUI etc. The AOSP is the vanilla version of Android which is released to each OEM where they integrate their own changes or features or basically called as customizations on top of the Vanilla Android and customizes the actual AOSP ROM. CyanogenMod was the biggest Custom ROM and so the Lineage OS is, which is developed by the Developer Community (thousands of developers across the globe). Basically Lineage OS can give your phone the latest Android available till date (provided, some developer ports it for your device).
In addition to the latest Android update, Lineage OS gives you many added features which the OEM’s stock ROMs does not have and sometimes even Google’s AOSP also lacks those features. For example: The dictionary feature on Android came around 4.3 (I don’t remember exactly when) but I had been using the same feature in CyanogenMod since Android 2.3. Just imagine how much the CyanogenMod custom ROM is ahead of even Google in terms of feature packing.
DOWNLOADS AND REFERENCE LINKS FOR THIS LINEAGE OS INSTALL GUIDE:
HOW TO INSTALL LINEAGE OS ON ANY ANDROID PHONE:
Step By Step Guide.
- Download and copy the Lineage OS ROM to your phone.
- Now Boot your Android device into TWRP recovery (make sure you have installed a TWRP or any other custom recovery on your phone prior to this)
You may power off and press the appropriate key combination for your phone to boot into recovery mode.
Also you can execute the following command on a Command Console or a terminal:
$ adb reboot recovery
– this command requires ADB binaries to be installed on your PC
– USB drivers for your phone
– USB debugging must be enabled on your phone
- Then Just Select Install from TWRP home screen, then navigate to the directory where you have kept the Custom ROM zip file and then select the Lineage OS ROM file and slide the Swipe to Confirm Flash on TWRP screen to start the Lineage OS installation on your phone.
- Wait for TWRP to flash the Lineage OS completely. Once the flashing is done, you may reboot your device.
– before rebooting the device you may have to install the Lineage OS GApps on top of the Lineage OS ROM
- Profit!!! Your Android device will have the Lineage OS ROM installed. ENJOY.
If you have any concerns or any difficulties on this guide then feel free to place a reply on this thread to get instant help.
Attachments:May 14, 2017 at 6:19 PM #19054
Hi, I have a problem when I trying to install lineage OS 14.1 on my Lenovo K4 NOTE.
when I trying to install on TWRP, I have a problem Updater Error 7.
Can you help me??
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.