[CM13] Galaxy TAB 4 7.0 CM13 (CyanogenMod 13) Marshmallow ROM – SM-T235, T235Y

GCam Port | Google Camera APK v9.2 (March 2024) Forums Samsung Device Forums Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 – SM-T235 [CM13] Galaxy TAB 4 7.0 CM13 (CyanogenMod 13) Marshmallow ROM – SM-T235, T235Y

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

GALAXY TAB 4 7.0 CyanogenMod 13 MARSHMALLOW ROM

Galaxy TAB 4 7.0 CM13 (CyanogenMod 13, Android Marshmallow) ROM is now Live by several developers. Here I have provided the Tab 4 (codename: degaslte) CyanogenMod 13 ROMs from developer CTXz and Andy “CrossGate” Yan.

DISCLAIMER:
    Installing custom ROM requires a custom recovery to be installed on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (codename: degaslte), which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup your all data. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and we cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you. Neither the developer nor we will be held responsible for any disaster that happens to your device.

KNOWN ISSUES for CTXz’s build:
    – Auto Rotate does not work after few minutes
    – Preffered networks cannot be switched (Stuck on 3G logo on network but it is actually LTE)
    – SElinux

REQUIRED DOWNLOADS AND LINKS FOR THE GALAXY TAB 4 CYANOGENMOD 13 MARSHMALLOW CUSTOM ROM:

GALAXY TAB 4 7.0 CyanogenMod 13 MARSHMALLOW ROM INSTALLATION GUIDE:

Make sure that you have a custom recovery installed on your Galaxy TAB 4 7.0. If not then download the recovery from above downloads section and you can follow this TWRP recovery installation on Samsung phone using ODIN guide.

Points to NOTE on Backup:
    – Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
    – Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
    – It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.

1. Follow this if you are flashing CyanogenMod 13 ROM for the first time to your Galaxy TAB 4 7.0 phone, or coming from another ROM:

2. Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 13 ROM on Galaxy TAB 4 7.0:

• Copy the latest Galaxy TAB 4 7.0 CyanogenMod 13 ROM ZIP file to your phone.
      • Boot into Recovery.
      • Flash the latest CM ROM ZIP from your phone.
        – Here is a post explaining how to flash a custom ROM using TWRP recovery.
        – Use the same guide to flash the GApps too.
      • Reboot and Enjoy

The flashing may take a while. When it will be done you can reboot your system and enjoy the Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 CM13 (CyanogenMod 13, Marshmallow ROM), the Android Marshmallow touch with CyanogenMod.

After this CyanogenMod 13 ROM installation you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
    How to Enable ROOT Access on CyanogenMod 13

For more Custom ROMs, Android Nougat ROMs, TWRP Recovery Installation guide, Rooting Guide you can have a look at the Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 forum and also you can subscribe to stay updated for this device specific topics.

Dev thread for CTXz’s build.

Linux User
    Participant

HI, I have sm-t230nu. I just try to instal twrp following the instruction here.

but it say pass. all is supposed to be good. but it not installed.. i’m still runing samsung recovery system,can you help me please . i try different version too. and more than 1 time, the same.

i just want to root in install cyanogenmod on my tab. thank you

I also try the adb install..

E.Footer is wrong
    E.signature xxxx invalid.

wat i do wrong??

Linux User
    Participant

Hey, this custom rom is not for made for the t230nu model, is only for the lte and other variants. But if you want to flash the properly twrp for your model, please download it here (https://dl.twrp.me/degas/twrp-3.1.0-0-degas.img.tar) and select the twrp-3.1.0-0-degas.img.tar.
    Please do not try to flash this rom in your model, cause you can cause a soft brick.
    Bye..

Linux User
    Participant

thanks, i installed the new software – but now i am facing following problems
    1. camara is not working
    2. google chromecast is not working

please can u solve these issues

RAJU PHILIP

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.