Galaxy S3 LineageOS 14.1, Nougat 7.1 ROM

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 88 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

Sorry, I haven’t tried yet, with two young kids it’s impossible :)

Linux User
    Participant

Hi miro, thanks for the update.

Sudden reboot may be caused by a kernel panic or kernel crash. Obviously I can help you finding the logs but you have to download the code and start debugging by yourself for now.

I am planning to write few topics which will help a user (precisely an advanced user) to capture logs, download and analyze source code to find out a possible BUG in the kernel. Why I said kernel, is because an application BUG will not cause the phone to reboot but a kernel bug can. Unable to write on those topics because of lack of time. Please forgive me for that, but I will write it very soon for sure.

Linux User
    Participant

Please try to make Android CM14.1 for S3 neo i9301i

Linux User
    Participant

Sorry I forgot to mention how to get the logs.

In case of a kernel panic, below file will be generated:
    /proc/last_kmsg

This file will not be there in case of a normal reboot. So, the next time your phone reboots, you can capture the above file using ADB. I hope you know the command how to capture the file.

If not then use the following command:

c:\ adb shell
    # cat /proc/last_kmsg > /sdcard/last_kmsg
    # exit
    $ exit
    c:\ adb pull /sdcard/last_kmsg

Analyze the log. To find out the actual BUG you need to have the same source code from which the ROM is built ! I hope this will work for you. :)

Linux User
    Participant

If you are on CyanogenMod 14.1 then you need not to wipe data but there is a procedure you need to follow: How to upgrade from CyanogenMOd 14.1 to Lineage OS 14.1.

If you are on other ROM then you need to wipe(most probably).

Linux User
    Participant

[quote quote=24571]can i use this to my GT-i9301i{S3 Neo} device?
    Plz suggest me fast.
    it’s an urgent!!!
    [/quote]

The LineageOS 14.1 for S3 Neo is not booting.
    Here is the LineageOS 13 for Galaxy S3 Neo, which is based on Android Marshmallow.

Linux User
    Participant

i flashed lineage os nougat on my galaxy s3 andiam stuck in the bootloader…can somebody please help me what i should do if it happens

Linux User
    Participant

Hi all

is it ok to install for daily use?

Linux User
    Participant

Puede ser que versiones anteriores me vaya mejor que la mas reciente? leí en una comunidad que habian probado lineage 14.1 experimental les iba mejor que lineage-14.1-20170206-nightly-i9300-signed.zip
    Es cierto esto?

Linux User
    Participant

But yes, I use daily.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 88 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.