Home › Forums › Google › Galaxy Nexus GSM, SPRINT, VERIZON – maguro, toro, toroplus › [7.0] Galaxy Nexus Nougat ROM (Android 7.0, AOSP ROM)
- August 28, 2016 at 11:11 PM #6051
Galaxy Nexus Nougat ROM is available through unofficial AOSP ROM update and this is a guide which explains how to update Galaxy Nexus to Nougat ROM. Galaxy Nexus is otherwise known as tuna and hence this is for Tuna Nougat ROM (maguro, toro, toroplus nougat rom). As always this Nougat ROM for Galaxy Nexus is brought to you by developer Ziyan, MWisBest and Hashcode. Although the Galaxy Nexus is 5 years old device but the unofficial Nougat ROM is quickly released by these developers.
THIS IS JUST A BETA ROM AND MAY BE USED AS A DAILY DRIVER SOFTWARE. CHECK THE WORKING AND NON-WORKING LIST BEFORE FLASHING AND PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.DISCLAIMER:
Installing a custom ROM on a Galaxy Nexus device requires the bootloader to be unlocked and a custom recovery to be installed on the Galaxy Nexus phone, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of Galaxy Nexus Nougat ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Almost everythingKNOWN ISSUES:
– Unable to detect SIM card
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS AND LINKS FOR GALAXY NEXUS NOUGAT ROM (AOSP 7.0):
INSTALL/FLASH/HOW TO UPDATE GALAXY NEXUS NOUGAT ROM (ANDROID 7.0 AOSP ROM):
- Download the Galaxy Nexus Nougat ROM zip file and a suitable Nougat Gapps zip file from the above download link and copy both the files to phone.
- Boot into Recovery by one of the following method:
– Power off the phone and keep pressing key combinations: Power Button + Volume Down while turning on your Nexus.
– If you have enabled USB debugging and you have ADB utility installed on your PC then you can execute the following command on a console or command prompt:
adb reboot recovery
If you don’t have a custom recovery on Galaxy Nexus then you can follow this guide:
How to install TWRP recovery on Galaxy Nexus
- Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition using the recovery.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe data using TWRP recovery.
This will delete all your data on your phone. IGNORE IF YOU DON’T WANT TO OR IF YOU HAVE ALREADY DONE THIS. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM.
– How to backup all data on your Android Device.
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery.
- First flash the Galaxy Nexus Nougat ROM ZIP from device.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash a custom ROM using TWRP recovery.
- Now flash the Google Apps package.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
Reboot the phone after the flashing is done completely. Do the initial setup and enjoy the Nougat ROM on Galaxy Nexus. If you have any concerns or are you facing any problem following this guide or post installation then just login and leave a comment to get an instant reply.
Attachments:August 31, 2016 at 7:58 AM #6310
finally woow This is just what I wanted thanksAugust 31, 2016 at 3:28 PM #6322
Your welcome Beyman.
You can also subscribe to this forum to get more Custom ROMs based on Android Nougat such as: CyanogenMod 14, Resurrection Remix and all other…
You can subscribe by following the below link:
Subscribe to Galaxy Nexus forumSeptember 2, 2016 at 2:55 AM #6460
thanks , I’ll Each pending update of this ROM for the Galaxy Nexus , and if you have CyanogenMod 14 for the Galaxy Nexus will install IMMEDIATELYSeptember 18, 2016 at 10:46 PM #7314
Good rom, I do not see any error or bugs, thanks for uploading the ROMOctober 4, 2016 at 4:08 AM #8147
José Paulo CorreiaParticipant
Thanks for this rom!
I like to activating dark theme, but I do not know how.February 24, 2017 at 2:26 PM #13677
Hyder Husain ArastuParticipant
This ROM is awesome!
The only problem that i have faced is that it shuts down around every 3 minutes and will not turn on unless i remove the battery and put it back in.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.