[ROM] How to Flash/Install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

This post will guide you How to flash/Install Custom ROM on an Android phone or Tablet by using TWRP or any other Recovery. Here I will be sharing all the necessary steps, download links or files to install a Custom ROM On any Android device using a TWRP recovery.

Install Custom ROM using TWRP

WHAT IS A CUSTOM ROM?

A Custom ROM is a customized ROM or Firmware built for a particular device. For example the OEM manufactured devices usually come with AOSP (The Android Open Source Project) Android ROMs. This not always true. OEMs like: Samsung which has TouchWiz UI, HTC which has Sense UI, Xiaomi which has MIUI etc. The AOSP is the vanilla version of Android which is released to each OEM where they integrate their own changes or features on top of the Vanilla Android and customizes the actual AOSP ROM. CyanogenMod is one of the biggest Custom ROM developed by the developer community across the world and which was not created by a single OEM like Samsung, HTC, Xiaomi etc.

Custom ROMs give you many added features which the OEM’s stock ROMs does not have and sometimes even Google’s AOSP also lacks those features. For example: The dictionary feature on Android came around 4.2 or 4.3 (I don’t remember exactly when) but I had been using the same feature in CyanogenMod since Android 2.3. Just imagine how much the CyanogenMod custom ROM is ahead of even Google in terms of feature packing. I hope you have got at least some idea, if not then you can get it after using one.

DOWNLOADS AND LINKS TO INSTALL CUSTOM ROM ON ANDROID USING TWRP:

HOW TO FLASH/INSTALL CUSTOM ROM USING TWRP RECOVERY ON ANY ANDROID DEVICE:

Step By Step Guide.

1. Download and copy the Custom ROM zip file on your Android device. (You may search our forum for the availability of a custom ROM for your device)
    2. Now Boot your Android device into TWRP recovery.

You may power off and press the appropriate key combination for your phone to boot into recovery mode.
      Also you can execute the following command on a Command Console or a terminal:

$ adb reboot recovery
    3. Then Just Select Install from TWRP home screen, then navigate to the directory where you have kept the Custom ROM zip file and then select the ROM file and slide the Swipe to Confirm Flash on TWRP screen to start the flashing of the Custom ROM
    4. Wait for TWRP to flash the Custom ROM completely. Once the flashing is done just reboot your device.
    5. Done!!! Your Android device is now installed with a new Custom ROM. ENJOY.

If you have any concerns or any difficulties on this guide then feel free to place a reply on this thread to get instant help.

Linux User
    Participant

Hello, I’m running official LineageOS 14.1 nightly, and it automatically found an update (to 0602 version). But, when i clicked update, it rebooted me to twrp, and nothing happened. Now I have the problem, because I cant find update zip, and phone will only boot into twrp, it wont reboot to system. I’ve looked in all of the usual folders, download etc.

Linux User
    Participant

In CyanogenMod there was a cmupdater directory under /sdcard. Can you see some similar directory in /sdcard and try to see if the lineage ROM file is there.

Linux User
    Participant

Hello I am running cynogenmod 14.0 unofficial version otus I am not able to use even 1sim what do I do

Linux User
    Participant

Hi I’d flashed lineageOS 14.1 and it worked just fine. But after flashing Gapps and selected reboot option, It rebooted me into twrp mode instead of system boot and I’ve tried everything flashing rom again, twrp again using spftools and even tried to restore the previous rom backup. It’s just keep booting into twrp after everything.I don’t know what to do next. I’ve Lenovo k3 note(K50a40) and I can’t use my phone for anything. Please help.

Linux User
    Participant

Exactly the same thing happened to me when I flashed the CM14.1 on Nexus 4. At that time I flashed the cyanogen recovery and booted my device back up.
    Well, there is no cyanogen recovery now, but you can try downgrading the TWRP and reflashing the ROM and see if that boots up.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.