- May 16, 2016 at 2:07 AM #3719
This post will guide you How to flash/Install Custom ROM on an Android phone or Tablet by using TWRP or any other Recovery. Here I will be sharing all the necessary steps, download links or files to install a Custom ROM On any Android device using a TWRP recovery.
WHAT IS A CUSTOM ROM?
A Custom ROM is a customized ROM or Firmware built for a particular device. For example the OEM manufactured devices usually come with AOSP (The Android Open Source Project) Android ROMs. This not always true. OEMs like: Samsung which has TouchWiz UI, HTC which has Sense UI, Xiaomi which has MIUI etc. The AOSP is the vanilla version of Android which is released to each OEM where they integrate their own changes or features on top of the Vanilla Android and customizes the actual AOSP ROM. CyanogenMod is one of the biggest Custom ROM developed by the developer community across the world and which was not created by a single OEM like Samsung, HTC, Xiaomi etc.
Custom ROMs give you many added features which the OEM’s stock ROMs does not have and sometimes even Google’s AOSP also lacks those features. For example: The dictionary feature on Android came around 4.2 or 4.3 (I don’t remember exactly when) but I had been using the same feature in CyanogenMod since Android 2.3. Just imagine how much the CyanogenMod custom ROM is ahead of even Google in terms of feature packing. I hope you have got at least some idea, if not then you can get it after using one.
DOWNLOADS AND LINKS TO INSTALL CUSTOM ROM ON ANDROID USING TWRP:
HOW TO FLASH/INSTALL CUSTOM ROM USING TWRP RECOVERY ON ANY ANDROID DEVICE:
Step By Step Guide.
- Download and copy the Custom ROM zip file on your Android device. (You may search our forum for the availability of a custom ROM for your device)
- Now Boot your Android device into TWRP recovery.
You may power off and press the appropriate key combination for your phone to boot into recovery mode.
Also you can execute the following command on a Command Console or a terminal:
$ adb reboot bootloader
- Then Just Select Install from TWRP home screen, then navigate to the directory where you have kept the Custom ROM zip file and then select the ROM file and slide the Swipe to Confirm Flash on TWRP screen to start the flashing of the Custom ROM
- Wait for TWRP to flash the Custom ROM completely. Once the flashing is done just reboot your device.
- Done!!! Your Android device is now installed with a new Custom ROM. ENJOY.
If you have any concerns or any difficulties on this guide then feel free to place a reply on this thread to get instant help.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.