(CyanogenMod 14) OnePlus X CM14 Nougat ROM Update Guide

GCam Port | Google Camera APK v9.2 (March 2024) Forums OnePlus Device Forums OnePlus X – onyx (CyanogenMod 14) OnePlus X CM14 Nougat ROM Update Guide

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

OnePlus X CM14/14.1 (CyanogenMod 14/14.1) Nougat ROM Update is now available from an Unofficial build. You might know that CyanogenMod is now continued as Lineage OS. Stay tuned to the Lineage OS 14.1 Devices list page to get more updates on Lineage OS ROMs. We also have the Lineage 14.1 for OnePlus X (onyx) along with, we have update many Android NOUGAT AOSP ROMs and also many CyanogenMod 14 ROMs and many are yet to come. This OnePlus X CM14 ROM is brought to you by developer SarthakNarang with Men_in_black007 and one more build from ashwinr64. In addition to this UNOFFICIAL CM14 ROM, now the OFFICIAL CM14.1 (CyanogenMod 14.1) for OnePlus X is also live. See the required downloads sections for the links(s). It is strongly recommended to update the OFFICIAL CyanogenMod 14.1 on the OnePlus X.

DISCLAIMER:

• I DON’T KNOW THE STATUS OF ALL THE ROMS YET. THIS COULD BE AN INITIAL ALPHA ROM OR JUST A DEVELOPMENT ROM, IT MAY NOT BOOT AT ALL OR IF AT ALL IT BOOTS THEN IT MAY NOT BE USABLE AS A DAILY DRIVER. I JUST FOUND THE ROM AND POSTED HERE. TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK. ALSO MAKE SURE TO TAKE NANDROID BACKUP OF YOUR CURRENT ROM.
    • I don’t want to waste your time and my time too and hence I basically verify the system/build.prop and/or updater-script to get the build details at the first place before posting any ROM. I may be wrong at times and hence it is your responsibility to verify once more about the legitimacy of the ROMs.
    • Installing a custom ROM on a the OnePlus X may require the bootloader to be unlocked, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.

UPDATE ONEPLUS X CM14 CYANOGENMOD 14 NOUGAT ROM

Status of SarthakNarang’s OnePlus X CM14/14.1 Nougat 7.0 ROM build:

WHAT’S WORKING:
    – WiFi Hotspot
    – Camera
    – Audio
    – Video
    – Many others which is NOT under known issues list
    KNOWN ISSUES:
    – Network (RIL)
    – Bluetooth
    – Wifi
    – Tri-state keys

REQUIRED DOWNLOADS AND LINKS FOR (CYANOGENMOD 14/14.1) ONEPLUS X CM14/CM14.1 NOUGAT 7.0 ROM UPDATE GUIDE:

HOW TO INSTALL/FLASH/UPDATE ONEPLUS X CM14/14.1 CYANOGENMOD 14/14.1 NOUGAT 7.0 ROM:

Before flashing this ROM if you want a screenshot then here is that.

1. Follow this if you are flashing CyanogenMod 14 ROM for the first time to your OnePlus X, or coming from another ROM:

Points to NOTE on BACKUP:
      – Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
      – Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
      – It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.

2. Upgrading from earlier version of OnePlus X CM14/14.1 Nougat ROM:

Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android Nougat 7.0.0_r1 with CyanogenMod 14/14.1 On OnePlus X (codename: onyx). After this CM14 installation you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
    How to Enable ROOT on CM14/CyanogenMod 14.

Stay tuned or Subscribe to the OnePlus X forum For other Android Nougat ROMs, CyanogenMod 14/14.1 ROMs, other ROMs and all other device specific topics.

Sarthak’s development thread is here for this OnePlus X CM14 Nougat 7.0 ROM

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.