CyanogenMod 13 for LG Volt CM13 (CyanogenMod 13) (codename: x5) Marshmallow ROM

GCam Port | Google Camera APK v9.2 (March 2024) Forums LG Device Forums Volt – x5 CyanogenMod 13 for LG Volt CM13 (CyanogenMod 13) (codename: x5) Marshmallow ROM

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

LG Volt CM13 (CyanogenMod 13) (Codename: x5) Marshmallow Custom ROM is an UNOFFICIAL Android Marshmallow build for LG Volt. This LG Volt CM13 (CyanogenMod 13) ROM is brought to you by developer ShapeShifter499. Current status of this ROM is UNKNOWN. In addition we also have the LineageOS 14.1 for LG Volt. It is strongly recommended that you take either a NANDROID backup or take a complete sync of your phone data.

DISCLAIMER:
    Installing custom ROM requires a custom recovery to be installed on your device, which in-turn may require the bootloader to be unlocked which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup your all data. You are the only person making changes on your phone and neither we nor the developer can be held responsible for the mistakes done by YOU.

CYANOGENMOD 13 FOR LG VOLT CM13 (CYANOGENMOD 13) (Codename: x5) MARSHMALLOW CUSTOM ROM

REQUIRED DOWNLOADS AND GUIDES FOR LG VOLT CM13 ROM FLASHING:

CYANOGENMOD 13 FOR LG VOLT CM13 (CYANOGENMOD 13) (Codename: x5) MARSHMALLOW CUSTOM ROM INSTALLATION GUIDE:

Make sure that you have a custom recovery installed on your LG Volt. If not then download the recovery from above downloads section and you can follow this How to Install TWRP on Android using Fastboot guide.

Points to NOTE on Backup:
    – Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
    – Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
    – It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.

1. Follow this if you are flashing CyanogenMod 13 ROM for the first time to your LG Volt (Codename: x5) phone, or coming from another ROM:

• Download and Copy the GApps and LG Volt CyanogenMod 13 ROM ZIP to your phone.
      • Boot into Recovery. Make sure to have a Custom recovery like CWM or TWRP or any other custom recovery.
      • Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
        – Here is a guide explaining how to wipe data using TWRP recovery.

This will delete all your data on your phone. IGNORE IF YOU DON’T WANT TO OR IF YOU HAVE ALREADY DONE THIS. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM.
        How to backup all data on your Android Device.
        how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery.

• First flash the CM13 ROM ZIP from device. Then flash the GApps zip from your device memory.
        – Here is a post explaining how to flash a custom ROM using TWRP recovery.
        – Use the same guide to flash the GApps too.
      • Reboot and Enjoy the CyanogenMod 13 Marshmallow ROM on your LG Volt.
    2. Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 13 ROM on LG Volt (Codename: x5):

• Copy the latest LG Volt CyanogenMod 13 ROM ZIP file to your phone.
      • Boot into Recovery.
      • Flash the latest CM ROM ZIP from your phone.
        – Here is a post explaining how to flash a custom ROM using TWRP recovery.
        – Use the same guide to flash the GApps too.
      • Reboot and Enjoy

Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android Marshmallow 6.0 with CyanogenMod 13 for LG Volt (Codename: x5). After this CyanogenMod 13 ROM installation you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
    How to Enable ROOT Access on CM13/CyanogenMod 13

Stay tuned or Subscribe to the LG Volt forum For upcoming Android Nougat ROMs, CyanogenMod Custom ROMs, other ROMs and all other device specific topics.

Linux User
    Participant

Noticed that no one ever replied to this or maintaining it. Just wanted to say Thank you for this and that it works great on my LG Volt.

I am hoping that we can get a stable version of Nougat for the Volt as well. Tried ShapeShifter499’s version but there are some issues with it still.

Linux User
    Participant

Hi @mischahof04
    Thanks for commenting about the status of this ROM. This is an older ROM and if you like here is the LineageOS 14.1 for LG Volt

Linux User
    Participant

The microphone is not listening does not record audio, any solution?

Linux User
    Participant

I wanted to let the developer know that this ROM has bugs. Every time I install certain apps, they send my phone into boot loop or they force close. I remove them via TWRP file manager. So annoying! Please let me know if you find a solution. I want to use certain apps :-(

I can’t use LineageOS 14.1 ROM because it has bugs. When I tapped “build number” 7 times and nothing happened, so I couldn’t enable root access. If you find a solution, please let me know

Stock ROM is lagging. Don’t wanna use it ever again.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.