Nexus 4 CM14/14.1 (CyanogenMod 14/14.1, Nougat 7.0/7.1 ROM)

GCam Port | Google Camera APK v9.2 (March 2024) Forums Google Device Forums Nexus 4 – Mako Nexus 4 CM14/14.1 (CyanogenMod 14/14.1, Nougat 7.0/7.1 ROM)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

Android Nougat 7.0 ROM, Nexus 4 CM14/14.1 (CyanogenMod 14/14.1). In addition to CM14.1 ROM we also have the AOSP Oreo ROM for Nexus 4, LineageOS 15 for Nexus 4, Lineage 14.1 for Nexus 4. For latest updates, stay tuned to the Lineage OS 14.1 device list page. We also have the official CM14.1 for Nexus 4, which you can check out. We have update many Android NOUGAT AOSP ROMs and also many CM14/14.1 (CyanogenMod 14/14.1) ROMs updated and many are yet to come. We also have the AOSP Nougat 7.0 for Nexus 4 (mako) and now this CyanogenMod 14/14.1 (CM14/14.1) for Nexus 4 (mako) is brought to you by developer StephanMc.

DONATION TO DEVELOPER:

If you like this ROM then do consider a donation to StephanMc for his hard work and to bring Android Oreo to Nexus 4:
    Donate to StephanMc

DISCLAIMER:
    THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD. THIS MAY NOT BOOT AT ALL OR IF IT BOOTS IT MAY HAVE MANY MORE BUGS THAN YOU CAN IMAGINE. TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK. Installing a custom ROM on a Nexus 4 requires the bootloader to be unlocked on the Nexus phone, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.

Status of CM14 for Nexus 4 CM14 /CyanogenMod 14 Nougat 7.0 ROM:

WHAT’S WORKING:
    – Network
    – Root
    – Wifi
    – Bluetooth
    – Audio
    – Camera
    – Video
    – USB
    – GPS
    – Sensors
    – Many more
    KNOWN ISSUES:
    – Nothing

For more details of the working and non-working status of Nexus 4 CM14.1 OFFICIAL NIGHTLY ROM you can have a look on the following video:

CM14 for Nexus 4 CM14/14.1 (CyanogenMod 14/14.1) Nougat 7.0 ROM

REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES FOR NEXUS 4 CM14/14.1 (CyanogenMod 14/14.1) NOUGAT 7.0 CUSTOM ROM:

HOW TO INSTALL/DOWNLOAD/FLASH/UPDATE CM14 FOR NEXUS 4/CYANOGENMOD 14 NOUGAT 7.0 CUSTOM ROM:

1. Follow this if you are flashing CyanogenMod 14/14.1 (CM14/14.1) for Nexus 4 for the first time, or coming from another ROM:

This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider backing up your phone data or take a nandroid backup. Here is how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery.

Points to NOTE:
      – Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
      – Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
      – It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.

2. Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 14/14.1 (CM14/14.1) for Nexus 4:

Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android Nougat 7.0.0 with CyanogenMod 14/14.1 (CM14/14.1) for Nexus 4. After the installation of CyanogenMod 14/14.1 (CM14/14.1) for Nexus 4 you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
    How to Enable ROOT on CM14/14.1 (CyanogenMod 14/14.1).

Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Nexus 4 (mako) forum For other Android Nougat ROMs, CyanogenMod 14 ROMs, other ROMs and all other device specific topics.

Development thread for Nexus 4 CM14/14.1 (CyanogenMod 14/14.1) Nougat 7.0 ROM by StephanMc is here.

Linux User
    Participant

It basically works, but the two most important apps (Telephone and Camera) consistently crash.

Admittedly, I did steps d and e in one step (without rebooting into recovery mode after installing CM14).
    Also, I’m not sure if I understood the sentence “Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.” correctly.

Fortunately, I was able to restore the NAND backup :-)

Linux User
    Participant

Well, it basically worked for me – except that the telephone and camera apps crash consistently.

Linux User
    Participant

Can you try with the latest ROM update and let me know how it went?

Also I have updated the “Wipe data factory reset….” sentence to a meaningful one.

Linux User
    Participant

OK, I tried a second time.
    This time I rebooted after installing CM14 with TWRP and before installing OpenGApps.
    And now everything seems to work perfectly.

Thank you StepanMC!

Linux User
    Participant

Update: Video recording is not working – neither 1080p nor 702p.

Linux User
    Participant

I’m not sure if this is related to the ROM, but today I tried making a call over Bluetooth for the first time. It consistently falied with an error message “Kein Netz” (no network). However, making a call without Bluetooth and the Bluetooh pairing DO work.
    I’m a Java developer, but not on Android. Can I help debugging the video an BT call issues somehow?

Linux User
    Participant

Hi Henning, can you try the video recording with some third party camera apps?

Linux User
    Participant

I tried with OpenCamera – the same effect. Taking photos is working, but video recording stops immediately with an “unknown error”. The app’s about dialog says “Last video error: error_268435556_-1007.”

Linux User
    Participant

At least, the BT call problem seems to be unrelated to the ROM :-)
    Today I made a few calls over BT without any problems. Looks like yesterday it was actually a network problem…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.